Multi-gun Uspsa Nationals 2006

Multi-Gun Nationals

COSSA

Bend, OR

July 27-30, 2006

MD: Everett Mastrich

RM:Tom Chambers

Match capacity: 250

Match Fee: $255 w/ $30 discount for early return (see form)

12 Stages

7/27: Registration

7/27: Shooters Mtg

7/28, 7/29: All day competition

7/30: AM Competition

7/30: PM Awards/Prizes

Side Match: MOR – limited to first 45 shooters, 3 stages, $50, Trophy match.

MOR Registration: 7/27 AM, competition immediately following.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about considering the shooters on the east coast. :angry: It was a good hump to get there for the handgun nationals and that was with a pistol! Four guns and ammo.....LOL OK ok...i quit my bitchin. Too bad this wasn't scheduled back to back with the ironman.

Edited by gmw2b

Just a random comment: The USPSA President doesn't pick Nationals locations in a complete vacuum. Most of the time, the decision is fairly "simple", because very few ranges have told him they are interested in hosting a Nationals.

So... if people want the multi-gun (or any other match) to move "closer to home" (wherever "home" is), the first and most importnat step is to make sure that the President knows about a venue that is willing and able to host a Nationals.

Case in point: Bend keeps getting chosen not [necessarily] because Bend is the best possible place to hold a match, but because the Columbia Cascade section and the Bend club keep stepping up and saying "hey, Michael, we'd love to put on a Nationals."

Bruce

Case in point: Bend keeps getting chosen not [necessarily] because Bend is the best possible place to hold a match, but because the Columbia Cascade section and the Bend club keep stepping up and saying "hey, Michael, we'd love to put on a Nationals."

Bruce

I just wish it was the L10 Nationals that they got...but "oh well"...OK...how about giving them the yet to be determined SSD nationals? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Myself & several of the so. texas shooters have decided not to go. To damned far to fly & carry all the stuff. Untill it is moved back east some, I think there will be more people not going. I know the pres. lives in Ca. & likes it in his back yard but it is getting old.

Myself & several of the so. texas shooters have decided not to go. To damned far to fly & carry all the stuff. Untill it is moved back east some, I think there will be more people not going. I know the pres. lives in Ca. & likes it in his back yard but it is getting old.

How is the decision made on where the 3 gun nationals will be held?

ah c'mon benny...i'm gonna go all the way to tulsa, albeit with one gun... :D

I talked to jim clark jr. & he said that they would put it on at his range as he has done in the past but there was a problem between a few people & didn't go into it.

That is interesting! I believe I will stay In W. Virginia this year. What happened to Vegas? At least it was a relatively cheap plane ticket.

You can put it in a big box and ship it to yourself at my address :) Then just get on a plane and show up at the range, not that hard :)

I'd rather they had a pistol match here myself, but any match in the West is better than no match.

If you change your mind, just drop me a line.

I have to agree with Benny. This will be yet another "Nationals" that I won't attend. This time because of distance. I refuse to fly my "stuff", I know too many people that have lost thousands of dollars in guns and gear, and I do believe to ship firearms it has to go to an FFL, so that is out also. I have driven a long way for matches, people even see me back east like for Area 6 and Ft Benning and I did go to the Nationals in Reno 2 years ago, but Bend oregon is just too darn far. Now mind you I don't mind flying ONE gun, I have taken the Benelli to Itally and Europe and when I worked in S.A. I always took a nice .45, but I don't think looseing, a 6" fat free, a very custom Benelli, and a J.P. rifle, wouldsit too well! KURTM

Kurt,

Actually you are wrong. Firearms may be shipped for legal hunting and sporting purposes. Here is the quotation from the ATF website.

B10) May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity? [back]

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the state where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

Here is the page link as well.

ATF General Questions FAQ

I realize that travel is a major component to attending matches I just didn't want anyone thinking that there were serious legal restricitons.

Take care, Craig

BTW I live in Utah so I usually travel at least 12 hours before I even get to a major match.

Edited by smokshwn