10/12, 10/13: All day competition

10/14: AM Competition

10/14: PM Awards/Prizes

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Dumb Questoin Time

If one can secure a slot for the match, What kind of match fee would one expect to pay? I have looked for this information before and could not find it. <_< I'm sure I'm the only one to have ever asked this question.

Ronnie

BTW, at least it's in the middle of the earth, unlike the 3-Gun Nations. :D:angry:

I hope Tulsa becomes a regular venue for major USPSA shoots.

I like Tulsa for the following reasons:

1) Oklahoma is a very gun friendly state. If you get stranded there, you ain't behind enemy lines.

2) It's centrally located for the entire USA. (And I can drive there in a beat-up 4 wheel drive with a FN-FAL in the gun rack without being hasseled.)

3) I can say "Yes, Ma'am" without offending anyone.

4) I won't be mistaken for a red-neck. (Just because I'm driving a beat-up old 4WD with a FN-FAL in the gun rack and I happen to have a suntan on my neck.)

5) The eating establishments serve real food! (Biscuits from a can are just wrong.)

6) Any place with that many pipelines, oil rigs, and gas plants just feels like home.

Tulsa is GREAT :):) , my son and I traveled there while he was home on leave once and shot the O.K. All steel shoot-out, the landscape is makes for a great shooting range, hotels rates are good, and a really great part of the country to see!!! :D

2) It's centrally located for the entire USA. (And I can drive there in a beat-up 4 wheel drive with a FN-FAL in the gun rack without being hasseled.)

4) I won't be mistaken for a red-neck. (Just because I'm driving a beat-up old 4WD with a FN-FAL in the gun rack and I happen to have a suntan on my neck.)

Hey Sam

The 3 Gun Nationals are in Bend

B) (joke) :lol::lol::lol:

Prod will be big this year w/ a few big names not wanting to shoot Open. Cant wait to shoot at the new range and be familiar w/ it for a World Shoot (hopefully)

Yup, I see a serious three way battle brewing if TJ doesn't shoot Open. TJ and the LDA, TGO with an XD and Dave and the Block. Some other iron site monsters like Manny and Strader may opt for something minor-ific rather than a loud gun.

Wow, What if Tyc wants to try his luck on more fairly regulated American soil?

Without subpoena-ing the Burner to show up (he told me he's taught a lot with prod guns in the past few years), might be as non-boring as you can really make production, barring the obvious of losing the standing ten count rule, of course.

ok,ok pot stirringmode to standby. :D

Oklahoma? Sweet! Not too far from Houston. I mapquest-ed it and it said it will take about 8hrs. Only been here for 3 years but I'm loving Texas and every gun-loving states surrounding it. I am even fond of the bubbas who hunts with them rifle....

Yes, Bill! I have actually bend to Bend. :lol:

It's a great place as well! And it too, is centrally located, if one happens to begin one's trip from somewhere in Oregon. B)

BTW, I can't afford to drive my gas guzzling mobile gun rack very far anyway, preferring instead the "urban cammo" of a non-descript miserly sedan when making my occasional forays out of Wyoming and into areas of the nation where large numbers of "sheeple" dwell. :rolleyes:

Prod will be big this year w/ a few big names not wanting to shoot Open. Cant wait to shoot at the new range and be familiar w/ it for a World Shoot (hopefully)

Yup, I see a serious three way battle brewing if TJ doesn't shoot Open. TJ and the LDA, TGO with an XD and Dave and the Block. Some other iron site monsters like Manny and Strader may opt for something minor-ific rather than a loud gun.

Wow, What if Tyc wants to try his luck on more fairly regulated American soil?

Without subpoena-ing the Burner to show up (he told me he's taught a lot with prod guns in the past few years), might be as non-boring as you can really make production, barring the obvious of losing the standing ten count rule, of course.

ok,ok pot stirringmode to standby. :D

Exactly DP,

I dont know if TGO and TJ and several other top shooters will even bother shooting Open against Max, JJ, Tilley, and maybe Grauffel. A lot of them have been shooting irons a lot lately and I think they'll give Prod a shot, thinking they have a much better chance to win against Dave. I dont know about that one either, he is pretty dominating right now. After WS, I firmly believe the only person who can beat Dave is Dave. He told me he shot the worst match of his life at WS and still was only what, 30-50 points from winning. 30-50 points is nothing when you're looking at 2500 points.

I checked. Seemed like 75% of it was down.

Doing mapquest on a Tulsa hotel it looks like a 16-19 hour drive.

Yeah, it was 16 hours to Barry/Hannibal from here Eric. I looked up the difference and it was an additional 1.5-2 hours to divert to Tulsa instead of heading to Barry.

The trip, for me:

Tulsa = 3.5 hour drive

Barry = 12 hour drive

Bend = Plane flight

I'll take Tulsa, for a change..... you guys that were closer to Barry or Bend the last few years just need to suck it up! :P You still have one Nats in Barry, anyway.

Bonus: I can carry concealed in OK.

Now I just have to get a slot, which I figure will be hard to come by in Area 4 this year since its in our own backyard. I've had one the last 3 years running, and could not make it due to work/budget constraints; now its close to home and I bet I can't get a slot. Grrrrr. :angry:

Edited by sfinney

I heard that Glenn Martin the OK section Corrdinator was going to be Match Director.

They are looking for RO's also ( We are also looking for more RO's for the Double Tap Championship in March, have a good package if intrested)