Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 is back

Abbey

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be interested to see this "more achievable" price point they keep referencing but not giving. I always wanted one of the original X5s, but I was just getting into shooting competitively at that time, and was still pretty young and not able to afford one, so this does get me pretty excited if its at a decent price point. 

Sorry, I did not look at the fine print, the offer of German make is suspicious, considering that the American version is about that price.

Street address is in Phoenix, but phone number is LA.

Google Map does not show such a company at that address.

Bogus advert. 

The new issue American made X5 is different in detail with long external extractor and optic capability.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1150072594

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-xfive.html?utm_campaign=P226_XFIVE_Launch&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

Edited by Jim Watson

I saw some prices posted on a Sig forum for $2200-2300. I don't need to be the first kid on the block with one but if those prices hold out, I'll definitely pick one up.

I always wanted one of the old ones but by the time I had the cash for one, they were already no longer imported & hard to find some parts for.

I don't understand the extractor issues - I've never had issues with an external extractor and prefer them.

1 minute ago, Abbey said:

what is the target market for this one?

The Old P226 market which was a market big enough to create crazy prices in the states for those guns from Germany.  If you could find them.  With all of the SAO talk about becoming legal for CO, it would have a competitive shooting market for certain.  As it would seem the USPSA board is having discussion on this topic so it is not a pipe dream, so it might open a bigger market for Sig, which would be a bonus.  

Not everything is about USPSA. There are other shooting sports out there, and far more regular shooters than competitors. I shot the German made X-Six at the Bianchi Cup, and the X-Five Tactical in several classes before transitioning to the P320 for work. For me, the P226 X-Series had the best ergonomics and recoil characteristics of any handgun I’ve ever used. Many would value that over the rules of a sport they will never participate in. However, we’ll see if the spare parts and aftermarket situation will improve now that the guns are being made in the US.

1 hour ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

And yet that's the focus here

Even if that were true (there’s plenty of non-USPSA content on these forums), it does not constitute a marketing failure for the manufacturer. All I am saying is that there are other markets for a gun like this.

16 minutes ago, Vizorn said:

Even if that were true (there’s plenty of non-USPSA content on these forums), it does not constitute a marketing failure for the manufacturer. All I am saying is that there are other markets for a gun like this.

You are not wrong.  He likes to argue.  He's correct a lot of the time.  Probably an attorney in the real world.

I’m going to go on a limb here and say that sig played this half way decent. Currently, it isn’t a favorite for any USPSA division regardless of how cool it may be. But we all know sig is a huge sponsor that I bet is willing to push the SAO in CO agenda. I could be totally wrong but I think in time, it’ll be a solid platform for USPSA. 

I’d like to get my hands on one 

33 minutes ago, X5SigChris said:

I’m going to go on a limb here and say that sig played this half way decent. Currently, it isn’t a favorite for any USPSA division regardless of how cool it may be. But we all know sig is a huge sponsor that I bet is willing to push the SAO in CO agenda. I could be totally wrong but I think in time, it’ll be a solid platform for USPSA. 

I’d like to get my hands on one 

I would not be surprised if this doesn’t turnout to be the case. With 2011’s with slide ride optics in 9mm far out growing 2011’s in 40 with iron sights it’s just a matter of time.

19 hours ago, mwx40x40 said:

I would not be surprised if this doesn’t turnout to be the case. With 2011’s with slide ride optics in 9mm far out growing 2011’s in 40 with iron sights it’s just a matter of time.

And I personally don’t want limited to die. Hell, I’m looking at buying another limited gun. But the way it’s looking in the market and talk of the sport, it would be better to get a 9 and start practicing now with it. 

Edited by X5SigChris

4 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

Is this one they just announced with a MSRP of $4,500+ and made in the U.S. custom shop?

Since Sig never lists MSRPs on their site who knows. But according to the video on the site it doesn't look like a custom shop gun.

On 10/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

9X19 + SAO = USPSA FAIL

Yup totally   I cannot believe this is not offered in DA/SA  like my older one, just dumb.................unless sig knows CO will allow single action next year ??