Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnny Glock timney shoe

Raz22582

1 hour ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Got in my JG trigger shoe for the Timney trigger.  Tried to remove the Timney trigger shoe but couldn't get it off.  Used a punch from both sides of the shoe, but no movement at all, just bent the punch.  FWIW I've removed a regular Glock trigger shoe before with no problem.

Okay, what am I missing here?

I had a similar issue. I was using a Real Avid Punch set and bent them, I went out to Home Depot and got the Dasco Small Punch Set and with the higher quality steel punch with a standard hammer it came out easily. Let me know if that helps!

Cody

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Itgma said:

I had a similar issue. I was using a Real Avid Punch set and bent them, I went out to Home Depot and got the Dasco Small Punch Set and with the higher quality steel punch with a standard hammer it came out easily. Let me know if that helps!

Cody

Thanks.  I ordered the punch set from Home Depot and will give it a try when it comes in.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:22 PM, Itgma said:

Cody

Yup, that did it.  Combination of a stronger punch and a hammer got the pin out.

Thanks again.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:09 PM, dapribek said:

I’ve ordered 3 of the upgrades and also am hoping for a better reset. Someone listed a stronger spring for a better reset. I bought one, but havent cut it down and installed it. I’m hoping the new trigger will improve the reset too!

Did you install the stronger reset spring?

I'm having a reset issue with the Timney+Vex that I'd like some input on. Bought a new G45 MOS for CO couple weeks ago and put Timney trigger in. Gun shot great. I have Johnny Glock trigger systems in my two other Glocks and love 'em and the Timney was about the same but with more crisp break--cool. Then I put JG new Vex shoe in and it functions perfect through 100 rounds at the range. Then shot a steel match with it on Sunday and on the last two stages, the trigger had a delay in the reset. I would shoot a plate and then have to wait (let's say 0.5-1.0 second) for the trigger to reset. I'm using the regular spring. I have the red spring that I guess I could put in but then I'm increasing the trigger pull even more (the trigger pull increased 1/4lb with Vex shoe install already) and I'd rather not do that if I don't have to. Any ideas on the cause and/or what to try? Thank you.

2 hours ago, jt1207 said:

I'm having a reset issue with the Timney+Vex that I'd like some input on. Bought a new G45 MOS for CO couple weeks ago and put Timney trigger in. Gun shot great. I have Johnny Glock trigger systems in my two other Glocks and love 'em and the Timney was about the same but with more crisp break--cool. Then I put JG new Vex shoe in and it functions perfect through 100 rounds at the range. Then shot a steel match with it on Sunday and on the last two stages, the trigger had a delay in the reset. I would shoot a plate and then have to wait (let's say 0.5-1.0 second) for the trigger to reset. I'm using the regular spring. I have the red spring that I guess I could put in but then I'm increasing the trigger pull even more (the trigger pull increased 1/4lb with Vex shoe install already) and I'd rather not do that if I don't have to. Any ideas on the cause and/or what to try? Thank you.

The first thing to try is putting in the red spring.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MarilynMonbro said:

I got mine installed in a gen 5, but the trigger safety is catching on the frame. If I adjust my trigger finger it doesn't catch, but it's takes a lot of adjustment.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Yes.  The trigger safety was catching on mine unless I pressed the trigger with my finger low on the trigger.  Decided to back out the adjustment screw 1/4 turn, and now it works perfectly.

I'll run it that way at tomorrow's match and then see if I can reduce some of the clearance by adjusting it back in a bit. 

Might take a bit of time, but it could be worth it.  As it is, it runs fine and I should probably stop obsessing and just shoot it. 😁

1 hour ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Yes.  The trigger safety was catching on mine unless I pressed the trigger with my finger low on the trigger.  Decided to back out the adjustment screw 1/4 turn, and now it works perfectly.

I'll run it that way at tomorrow's match and then see if I can reduce some of the clearance by adjusting it back in a bit. 

Might take a bit of time, but it could be worth it.  As it is, it runs fine and I should probably stop obsessing and just shoot it. 😁

Cool. I'll try that. I set my adjustment screw flush like how he said in the video 

7 hours ago, MarilynMonbro said:

Cool. I'll try that. I set my adjustment screw flush like how he said in the video 

I'm recommending doing it the opposite way.  Start with the adjustment screw fairly far out, then continue to advance it until the trigger safety catches on the frame.  Now back it out until it feels smooth.

I'm guessing that because of generally loose tolerances in Glocks a procedure that works well in one gun may not work well in another.

Edited by LowSpeedHighDrag

4 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I'm recommending doing it the opposite way.  Start with the adjustment screw fairly far out, then continue to advance it until the trigger safety catches on the frame.  Now back it out until it feels smooth.

I'm guessing that because of generally loose tolerances in Glocks a procedure that works well in one gun may not work well in another.

Johnny suggested trimming the spring like in this video. 

https://youtu.be/a7i47hLK1EE

21 minutes ago, sx2gl35 said:

Had the same issue with 3 Gen 3's.  Rounded off the sharp edge where the trigger safety first contacts the frame.  One needed more relief than the others.  Issue solved and trigger safeties function 100%.  

That's my backup solution if the video Johnny made doesn't work. 

Had reset issues today on one of the guns, had to back out another 1/4 turn. Thankfully I brought a back up gun to the lesson I was teaching. I still like it, but don't nearlly have the live fire rounds through it I'd like to have a definitive feeling.

17 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Had reset issues today on one of the guns, had to back out another 1/4 turn. Thankfully I brought a back up gun to the lesson I was teaching. I still like it, but don't nearlly have the live fire rounds through it I'd like to have a definitive feeling.

Did you loctite the set screw when you last adjusted it?

I've got at least 1K rounds out with no problem.

3 hours ago, GigG said:

Did you loctite the set screw when you last adjusted it?

I've got at least 1K rounds out with no problem.

Blue loctite yes. I have them in both the guns I teach with, so each gets maybe 400 through them a week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 5:20 PM, sx2gl35 said:

Had the same issue with 3 Gen 3's.  Rounded off the sharp edge where the trigger safety first contacts the frame.  One needed more relief than the others.  Issue solved and trigger safeties function 100%.  

I trimmed the spring like how he showed in the video but it was still hitting the frame.  I rounded off the edge and now it's okay.  Safety still functions