Johnny Glock timney shoe

Raz22582

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got two of Johnny's competition trigger kits (w flat shoe) already and love them. I originally put Vanek's competition triggers in my Glocks and like JG much better. Just bought a G45 that I'm waiting on so I ordered a Timney trigger and JG Vex shoe to try out. I'm looking forward to comparing the Timney/JG hybrid to my full JG kits.

Mine came in this morning and Installed it just now. Gen 5. Definitely improved the take up and over travel but honestly the break didn’t seem to change much.  ( maybe I was expecting too much?) Overall an improvement and worth it. I’ll be testing it live tomorrow. I’m Glock illiterate. Would the connector change break length? This is a new 34 gen 5 and the connector is whatever came with it. 

Edited by Shmella

8 minutes ago, Shmella said:

Mine came in this morning and Installed it just now. Gen 5. Definitely improved the take up and over travel but honestly the break didn’t seem to change much.  ( maybe I was expecting too much?) Overall an improvement and worth it. I’ll be testing it live tomorrow. I’m Glock illiterate. Would the connector change break length? This is a new 34 gen 5 and the connector is whatever came with it. 

Let us know and waiting on feedback before I pull the trigger and order one. I have the same timney trigger.

I don’t think I’m a big enough trigger snob to say this was worth it. Is it better than before? Yes. Is it $250 good? Meh idk, hard to say.

im probably not the best person to comment on this setup. I had almost zero trigger time with the regular timney, but consumerism has quite grasp on me. 

19 hours ago, Shmella said:

The break shouldn't change.

The shoe addresses the long take up, over travel and reset.

So my question to you is the reset more positive? 

I’ve ordered 3 of the upgrades and also am hoping for a better reset. Someone listed a stronger spring for a better reset. I bought one, but havent cut it down and installed it. I’m hoping the new trigger will improve the reset too!

mine should arrive tomorrow we will see,  right now I run a timney with my own mods, break is at 2.5 pounds with near zero overtravel and clean reset, tho soft. Takeup is long as all safety`s work 100%   Have  5,000+ rounds with it.... if the new shoe shortens the takeup and makes reset a bit better ill be happy. 

1 hour ago, Sinister4 said:

Well got the shoe and its really nice it improved the reset "feel" quite a bit, and shortened the takeup.  How ever due to my mods on my frame for my big fingers the fireing pin safety block wont function, the "flipper" contacts my ground out frame to late, so back to my modded timney shoe, If anybody wants this JG shoe its up for sale  I installed it with no locktite just put it in and checked function. 80.00 shipped  

I'll give it a shot

Got mine in.  Does exactly as described by Johnny Glock.

Reset more positive and seems like it cured the sluggish reset I have on my 17/4.

The shoe with timney feels similar to my JG Alpha Omega trigger.  But the Omega trigger still has a weaker reset.

This option definitely a cheaper alternative to the Omega service.

Still a $250 trigger at the end of the day.  For me it's worth it.

Wow, extremely short travel, break and reset. I set the set screw and flush and had to make no adjustments, gun reset the trigger from there.

I like the feel of the trigger face and its width. I was worried the "checkering" on the face of the trigger would bug me, but it doesn't.

I had a heck of a time at install lining up the locking block, trigger, return spring. I had to use a slave pin and a lot of holding every part jjjuuussstt right. That was the only annoyance. I used the red trs.

Range trip this week and video to follow.

On 9/11/2022 at 8:14 AM, rowdyb said:

I set the set screw and flush and had to make no adjustments

Lucky you.  I did what I thought was flush but was about 1/16th of a turn too far. So I had to do....

On 9/11/2022 at 8:14 AM, rowdyb said:

I had a heck of a time at install lining up the locking block, trigger, return spring. I had to use a slave pin and a lot of holding every part jjjuuussstt right.

twice.

2 hours ago, dapribek said:

Hi, misplaced JG’s installation video. Can someone post it so I can view and save it. My 3 trigger shoes arrived today and I’d like to start installing them tomorrow. Thank you so much!

They should have written instructions...

1 hour ago, GigG said:

I don't think you lost it.  It doesn't seem to be on his YT Channel anymore.  I even looked through my YT history for the day I know I watched it and it is not there.  

Strange.

I can't find it either. I saw it (5 days ago?) and now it's gone. I installed mine from remembering what he did. First, punch out the top pin in the Timney shoe and remove it. The directions say to use a 1/8" pin but the one that fit was actually a 1/16". That was kind-of a bitch and I ruined the Timney shoe while doing it but I got it off. Then I slipped the shoe onto the trigger bar and screwed the JG trigger shoe screw in until I was sure I had caught the hole in the trigger bar, then finished turning the screw all the way in. I used loctite like his directions say. Then I put the whole trigger group back into the frame. Then I inserted the L-spring the same way I do for the Timney shoe, except JG has a channel that the spring sits in nicely. I was able to get the locking block in properly buy using the pin punch to push the L-spring back (from the front of frame) while I pushed the locking block down.

I installed on a G45 gen 5. The Timney trigger with Timney shoe breaks at 3# exactly. The Timney trigger with JG Vex shoe breaks at 3.25# exactly. So, the trade-off is that I got a shorter pretravel, overtravel, and reset and it cost me 4 ounces of trigger pull. I really liked the Timney trigger as stock. It did have a long-ish pretravel but it wasn't a noticeable negative to me. The JG Vex shoe definitely makes the whole pull shorter and tighter.