Raz22582

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Raz22582 said:

Looks like the shoe will correct a lot of the issues with the timney trigger. I have a lot of JG products and haven’t been let down yet

What problems are you having with your Timney Trigger?  And what Glock did you use it in?

Well the take up and reset suck compare to a Johnny Glock competition trigger that I originally had in the guns all 3 guns  17/34/45 gen 5 guns . The timney triggers worked never no failure. The new trigger shoe seems to eliminate the take up and reset issues 

Lighter break and reliably lighting off hard primers.

With conventional triggers kits you still need to use a lightened striker pin and spring to lighten the trigger pull weight and maybe being able to light off harder primers.

The timney design gives you a lighter pull without the need to use a lightened striker and spring.

I run a stock striker with a 6.5 lb striker spring and get a sub 2.5 lb trigger pull.  I can reliably shoot small rifle primered ammo and steel case ammo all day.  The Vex timney shoe will give the timney trigger a strong/shorter reset with shorter pre-travel.

6 hours ago, dapribek said:

Hi, has anyone seen Johnny’s installation video for the trigger upgrade? I’m waiting to see it to be sure I’m capable of doing the replacement. Not too mechanically inclined! Thanks. 

I already removed the timney shoe and am anticipating the vex to arrive any day now.

Used a punch and hammer. 

6 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

How is this supposed to yield a better reset?

it appears to crank up the reset spring pressure by altering where the "shelf" the spring sits on it, as well as a little recess that catches the end of the spring. I also suspect they moved the pivot point very slightly, we will see when it gets here

I got two update texts from USPS overnight.

11:01 pm: Arrived at USPS Origin Facility 08/31/2022 11:53pm YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

12:34 pm: Expected Delivery by Tuesday, September 6, 2022 by 9:00pm 

18 minutes ago, GigG said:

I got two update texts from USPS overnight.

11:01 pm: Arrived at USPS Origin Facility 08/31/2022 11:53pm YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

12:34 pm: Expected Delivery by Tuesday, September 6, 2022 by 9:00pm 

Me too I think he was just swamped with a ton of orders hence the short delay

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

How is this supposed to yield a better reset?

JG changes the geometry of the trigger. Basically he slightly moves the pivot points to change the leverage and travel. That's the super secret sauce in making the travel shorter. The break comes from the Timney sear design. The spring notch keeps it, the spring, in place to make the pressure more consistent.

It's what engineers do. Super secret magical design for us mortals.

SHIPPING UPDATE.

I know I'm going to jinx this but it looks like USPS pulled their collective heads out of their butts on this one. I got these texts this morning.

6:47 AM

Arrived USPS Facility 09/02/2022 5:52am EL DORADO AR 71730

7:54 AM

Expected Delivery on Friday, September 2, 2022 by 4:30pm