Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnny Glock timney shoe

Raz22582

I just installed the Vex into my CCF race frame Glock, and I gotta say: this thing is amazing. Takes the Timney that last 20% of the way it needs to go to be a truly phenomenal trigger. Nailed the overtravel right on the first try, too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

I recently installed the JG Vex shoe on my gen 5 17 and am failure to fire issues, when shooting groups and slowly pressing the trigger back. No issues when slapping trigger aggressively. Apparently this is caused by the interaction between the trigger bar and firing pin safety, and JG said timney has an upgraded bar to address. I had zero issues with the timney shoe. I checked the timney website and don’t see any upgraded bars available. Anybody have any recommendations?

5 hours ago, haydn123456789 said:

I recently installed the JG Vex shoe on my gen 5 17 and am failure to fire issues, when shooting groups and slowly pressing the trigger back. No issues when slapping trigger aggressively. Apparently this is caused by the interaction between the trigger bar and firing pin safety, and JG said timney has an upgraded bar to address. I had zero issues with the timney shoe. I checked the timney website and don’t see any upgraded bars available. Anybody have any recommendations?

FWIW I removed all of the JC shoes and put the Timney ones back.  Works much better. (gen 3 guns)

On 9/13/2022 at 7:08 PM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Got in my JG trigger shoe for the Timney trigger.  Tried to remove the Timney trigger shoe but couldn't get it off.  Used a punch from both sides of the shoe, but no movement at all, just bent the punch.  FWIW I've removed a regular Glock trigger shoe before with no problem.

Okay, what am I missing here?

Lol! I broke a punch and stabbed the broken end into my finger getting the Timney shoe off. Took the bloody broken punch to my grinder and dressed it and then was able to get the pin to move.

I initially had trouble with the Timney trigger. The issues were at first user installation errors. I wasn't getting the sear housing deep enough into the ejector housing and the sear wouldn't release the striker. Once I realized this I was able to fix it. Then I had some failure to return to battery and light strikes. This was with a 13lbs recoil spring and a 4.5lbs striker spring. It turned out that the striker spring was over powering the recoil spring and not allowing the slide to return to battery reliably. The light strikes were a result of the slide being slightly out of battery. I added a 4lbs spring (which actually measured closer to 4.5) and this cured the problem. The gun had been 100% reliable ever since. I added the JG shoe before I even installed it.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:49 PM, eboos said:

I initially had trouble with the Timney trigger. The issues were at first user installation errors. I wasn't getting the sear housing deep enough into the ejector housing and the sear wouldn't release the striker. Once I realized this I was able to fix it. Then I had some failure to return to battery and light strikes. This was with a 13lbs recoil spring and a 4.5lbs striker spring. It turned out that the striker spring was over powering the recoil spring and not allowing the slide to return to battery reliably. The light strikes were a result of the slide being slightly out of battery. I added a 4lbs spring (which actually measured closer to 4.5) and this cured the problem. The gun had been 100% reliable ever since. I added the JG shoe before I even installed it.

No issues with your JG shoe so far? Does the back of the trigger safety catch on the frame?

On 5/19/2023 at 6:20 PM, haydn123456789 said:

No issues with your JG shoe so far? Does the back of the trigger safety catch on the frame?

No issues with the JG shoe at all. The trigger safety disengages just as it should.