Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

US Steel Shoot 2022 (flying under the radar?)

joseywales

Flying so far under the radar, the plane has crashed.

Incredibly bad date planning as there are something like 6 other Level II or better SCSA and USPSA major matches going on the same weekend. Then there's the $100 per gun entry, and no one goes to a major to only shoot one gun.

As I write this there are... (drum roll...) 1412 open slots.

Me thinks this match is going to be cancelled, rescheduled, or be a complete bomb. There's no way it will be a success on this date. :(

Edited by BentAero

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 11:46 AM, bigdawgbeav said:

not to mention getting enough staff to run 2 matches at the same time. 

Is there a steel challenge specific RO certification ? Or is it lumped in with USPSA ? 

49 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

seems kinda backwards,, I would think alot less to know to run steel challenge vs USPSA

The annual RO recertification test for USPSA is 20 questions, if you have a Steel Challenge endorsement on your RO certification they tack on 5 more questions specific to Steel Challenge. It's too big of a pain to get back if you let it expire so I always make certain to keep it current, just have to put up with answering the 20 USPSA questions to keep my Steel Challenge endorsement.

11 hours ago, Joe4d said:

seems kinda backwards,, I would think alot less to know to run steel challenge vs USPSA

this is a point of contention for us SC-only shooters.  We are lobbying for an SC-only RO class.  It could be done in 1 day vs the USPSA 2-day course.  But as of right now that is not the case.  So I have to take the 2 day class to get RO certified and then take a 2nd test just to get SC certification.

2 hours ago, bigdawgbeav said:

this is a point of contention for us SC-only shooters.  We are lobbying for an SC-only RO class.  It could be done in 1 day vs the USPSA 2-day course.  But as of right now that is not the case.  So I have to take the 2 day class to get RO certified and then take a 2nd test just to get SC certification.

doing that is just enabling.  

SC folks just need to collectively stop renewing. Would get fixed a day after a major gets canceled due to lack of RO's

On 8/23/2022 at 11:32 AM, Joe4d said:

doing that is just enabling.  

SC folks just need to collectively stop renewing. Would get fixed a day after a major gets canceled due to lack of RO's

I'm not sure how many USPSA shooters and AD's would care if a Steel Challenge match was cancelled...  😞

On 8/26/2022 at 3:53 PM, RaylanGivens said:

I'm not sure how many USPSA shooters and AD's would care if a Steel Challenge match was cancelled...  😞

Unfortunately that is probably an accurate statement. 😐

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BentAero said:

Can't believe they still haven't pulled the plug on this debacle. I just checked and as of right now there are:

5 guns Friday AM

0 guns Friday PM

10 guns Sat AM

2 guns Sat PM

9 guns Sun.

Total of 11 shooters...

I'm seeing 69 entires. Y'all keep not signing up though. I'll be gettin' a trophy for sure!

4 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

I'm seeing 69 entires. Y'all keep not signing up though. I'll be gettin' a trophy for sure!

Would be a fun match to go to for sure if I wasn't already shooting rimfire worlds.