Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA Grips

paramajic4

Does anyone have any info on the MPA 2011 grips? I have only been able to find one reference on the forum and that stated they were too smooth and lacked grip. The price is much is better than Cheeley or PT. I currently use the Cheeley standard texture on my other gun. Any info appreciated.

49 minutes ago, paramajic4 said:

Does anyone have any info on the MPA 2011 grips? I have only been able to find one reference on the forum and that stated they were too smooth and lacked grip. The price is much is better than Cheeley or PT. I currently use the Cheeley standard texture on my other gun. Any info appreciated.

I think the original ones were only smooth. They offer "aggressive" now but I doubt it is as aggressive as the cheely or pt aggressive.

I have the MPA DS40 with the aluminum grip and I also have a couple guns with the Cheely steel grip. The Cheely is more aggressive but the aluminum offers plenty of traction. The aggressive steel MPA should be comparable to all the other steel grips on the market. 

Edited by scooterj

A buddy of mine has an MPA Hybrid and unless they drastically changed their grip from the one he has to the ones they now make in house it feels like a much less aggressive LSI grip. I thought it was an LSI grip when I shot his gun. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 12:14 AM, Bakerjd said:

A buddy of mine has an MPA Hybrid and unless they drastically changed their grip from the one he has to the ones they now make in house it feels like a much less aggressive LSI grip. I thought it was an LSI grip when I shot his gun. 

We have 2 different textures available in the aluminum grip. All the DS9's before around April of the year shipped withe the smoother the smoother texture that is now only shipping on the commander carry gun. We now have a stainless aggressive texture available as well.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:24 PM, mrvip27 said:

I think the original ones were only smooth. They offer "aggressive" now but I doubt it is as aggressive as the cheely or pt aggressive.

Our aggressive stainless grip is not as aggressive as the PT or Cheely aggressive texture but I didn't want it to be. We experimented with textures for several months this year and settled on a texture that is plenty aggressive enough to offer traction with wet hands while shooting but won't tear your flesh during longer dryfire use.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:25 PM, Racinready300ex said:

Can you use any magwell with them or do you really need to run theirs? 

Only the MPA magwells fit our grip but we offer 3 different magwells to fit everyone's application.

7 hours ago, DLyell said:

Our aggressive stainless grip is not as aggressive as the PT or Cheely aggressive texture but I didn't want it to be. We experimented with textures for several months this year and settled on a texture that is plenty aggressive enough to offer traction with wet hands while shooting but won't tear your flesh during longer dryfire use.

Thank you for clarifying

Edited by mrvip27

• 1 year later...
On 8/8/2022 at 5:54 AM, DLyell said:

This is awesome because those other grips will grind your hands like a cheese grater

4 hours ago, crsuribe said:

This is awesome because those other grips will grind your hands like a cheese grater

Since that post, MPA has come out with the S3 grip which is definitely cheesegrater material :) Apparently enough people asked for it. I use the S2 and with some liquid grip its plenty.

1 minute ago, maur said:

Since that post, MPA has come out with the S3 grip which is definitely cheesegrater material :) Apparently enough people asked for it. I use the S2 and with some liquid grip its plenty.

I have an S3 on order which along with the liquid grip should be great for my nasty sweaty hands in the summer haha but I have such thick calluses from other stuff I do, still I expect it’s gonna hurt a bit but they say that’s how it feels when weakness leaves your body lololol

44 minutes ago, crsuribe said:

I have an S3 on order which along with the liquid grip should be great for my nasty sweaty hands in the summer haha but I have such thick calluses from other stuff I do, still I expect it’s gonna hurt a bit but they say that’s how it feels when weakness leaves your body lololol

Haha, to be honest I had the S3 for about a week and it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, and I don't have super rough hands. I could feel it after a long practice session though. 

• 4 weeks later...

When is the atlas steel v2 grip coming out? I really want to add to my Limcat 

also tried the MPA steel open today. It was

grippy but wasn’t a pinecone and was sufficient - prob more grippy than a “standard” texture l2 I had on my other open gun. It is very e2’ish and more rounded. I only shot like half a mag out of the MPA so didn’t get any draws from the holster. 

• 3 weeks later...