Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-gun

......................UPDATED RESULTS........................

These results have all corrections that have been submitted so far. If you still see any discrepancies, please let me know. If there are no more changes, they will become FINAL RESULTS tomorrow afternoon. If there are changes, we will repost again tomorrow.

I am Glen Harrison competitor#38 they have me down as minor,I was shooting major

on stage 9 you show me as having 7 penalties,my yellow sheet shows 6

I e-mailed SGTFC Hampton these Tues. evening

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone. This is my first post to the Forum. Ronnie has been after me for months to get out here and get off my arse and read the posts. :)

The main thing that I wanted to say is that the Ft. Benning match was AWESOME! I have been slacking off on shooting matches lately, but I really wanted to shoot this one. It turned out to be one of the better ones that I have shot! I want to thank Sgt. Hampton and the rest of the AMU for hosting the match and taking time out of their schedules to put up with all of our crap! I was competitor #2 on this one, and I will be competitor #1 next year! I really enjoyed myself and I got all fired up about shooting the matches again.

Sgt. Hampton, You did a great job. Technology sucks. I am a Lead Programmer. Computers are the devil. I know the truth. F the PDAs. The important part was that the match was awesome. The AK was awesome, and the rest of the props too. Thanks dude!

Eric

I would like to extend a debt of gratitude to the crew at Ft. Benning, not only for putting on a great match, but also reminding us about the important things to take away from a match. Have a GREAT time and make some new friends!! I can't speak for all the squads, but I think we had a pretty good one and we all made more than a few friends. HAMP put that out on day one.....if you aren't shooting with the people you want to be "make some new friends". So, I would also like to thank squad 7 for a great time and some good memories!

Edwin

More thanks to Aaron and his crew for their hard work. Sharon and I shot in squad #1 and had a fine time. Kinda missed getting scrubbed for stage-12 but we will be back.

I ended up with a couple more penalties than my sheets show. No worries here. I may just practice more so that they might make a difference next time. For now they are meaningless to me. I shot a bit closer to my ability and made new friends. More than enough.

I've seen a few suggestions here on prize distribution. The junior program was a good idea. We told Aaron at the match to keep ours and put them in the raffle/drawing for all the volunteers who worked so hard to make this match what it was.

How 'bout three days and a few more stages next time...

What a great match. Not only was it a lot of fun, but the problems that inevitably plague every large match were handled professionally. SFC Hampton showed a lot of leadership on and off the mic. My thanks to all of those who made this match so much fun.

I sent an e-mail to SFC Hampton, but this appears to be the place to get scores corrected. I was competitor #117 and I noticed one extra penalty on my official scores. Stage 7.

Thanks again, all of you!

Edited by Wrath

Hamp

How about this for a suggestion. Tap the keg earlier! Maybe at the hospitality room on Friday night or Friday at the range after the Shooting is done? Man, that beer was good. But, Malcolm and Jeff cut me off since I was driving home on Sunday.

Again, great job. Thanks.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn

HI All!

Well it has been almost a week and we are again in full swing training troops. I wanted to take a few minutes to thank some people and clarify the prize mailings.

First of all I want to thank the US Army Marksmanship Unit command group for allowing this match to happen. It took a huge leap of faith and I thank them all for the gamble. Everyone here knows how thankful I am for the Soldiers of the Action Shooting Team. My boys did REAL GOOD!

A special thanks also goes out to all the match supporters;

Mike Gibson Manufacturing MGM Targets

GT Targets

MSTN

DPMS

Remington Arms

Diamondback Tactical

Glock USA

Blackhawk!

CZ USA

Surefire

DSA Arms

Brownells

Special thanks goes out to Sam "hopalong" Keen, Greg Coker and Todd Siegmond (MGM Targets) These guys helped set-up and CRO for nothing! It could not have happened without them.

The list of all those that helped out in a major way is way too long to list here. I have tried to thank them all in person.

As for the prizes, we lined them up in a room in dollar value order (value as determined by invoice or catalog). We then packaged them and placed a number, not a content list on each package. Now that the scores are final we will ship all the items out on Tuesday morning (my boys are leaving for the west coast Monday). We will not be able to list the items on line. I will however list the cash, firearm and optic recipients on BE. All firearms are in certificate form so no FFL's will be required. If you DO NOT want a prize please e-mail, I can bump it down and cover someone else, donate it to the match staff, or donate it to the All Army Small Arms Championship, your choice. If you would like to donate it to USPSA Jr program I can do that also, I must know that by Monday. If you want your prize do nothing, it will be on the way.

Thank you all once again for coming, and for your understanding of our difficult stats issues. We hope you will join us next year, it will be better, we learned A LOT from this experience! For those of you that attended this year you will receive a discount next year! My way of saying thank you for your continued support.

Hamp

HI All!

Well it has been almost a week and we are again in full swing training troops. I wanted to take a few minutes to thank some people and clarify the prize mailings.

First of all I want to thank the US Army Marksmanship Unit command group for allowing this match to happen. It took a huge leap of faith and I thank them all for the gamble. Everyone here knows how thankful I am for the Soldiers of the Action Shooting Team. My boys did REAL GOOD!

GT Targets

MSTN

DPMS

Remington Arms

Diamondback Tactical

Glock USA

Blackhawk!

CZ USA

Surefire

DSA Arms

Brownells

Special thanks goes out to Sam "hopalong" Keen, Greg Coker and Todd Siegmond (MGM Targets) These guys helped set-up and CRO for nothing! It could not have happened without them.

The list of all those that helped out in a major way is way too long to list here. I have tried to thank them all in person.

As for the prizes, we lined them up in a room in dollar value order (value as determined by invoice or catalog). We then packaged them and placed a number, not a content list on each package. Now that the scores are final we will ship all the items out on Tuesday morning (my boys are leaving for the west coast Monday). We will not be able to list the items on line. I will however list the cash, firearm and optic recipients on BE. All firearms are in certificate form so no FFL's will be required. If you DO NOT want a prize please e-mail, I can bump it down and cover someone else, donate it to the match staff, or donate it to the All Army Small Arms Championship, your choice. If you would like to donate it to USPSA Jr program I can do that also, I must know that by Monday. If you want your prize do nothing, it will be on the way.

Thank you all once again for coming, and for your understanding of our difficult stats issues. We hope you will join us next year, it will be better, we learned A LOT from this experience! For those of you that attended this year you will receive a discount next year! My way of saying thank you for your continued support.

Hamp

HI All!

GT Targets

MSTN

DPMS

Remington Arms

Diamondback Tactical

Glock USA

Blackhawk!

CZ USA

Surefire

DSA Arms

Brownells

Hamp

Hamp,

Who won the donated DPMS rifle?

Thanks,

Bill Sahlberg

thesahlberg7@webtv.net

Ok here are the cash and major award break down. We shipped all the checks by certified mail, so they may take a day longer than you would expect. We sent all the packages by the cheapest way possible, pony express in a few cases, but EVERYthing is shipped. We covered to 8th place in open and 75th place in Tactical!!!!

Open

$1000.00 - Jerry M

$500.00 - Mike V

$300.00 - Tony H

$250.00 - Jerry B

Glock cert. - Steve G

Trijicon Cert. - Larry L

Cav Arms Lower - Ronald S

Tactical

$1000.00 - Taran B

$500.00 - Daniel H

$300.00 - Kelly N

$250.00 - Edwin G

$250.00 - David M

DPMS M4 - Kurt M

CZ cert - Eric L

Rem. 870 - Tom C

Leupold Mark 4 - Jeff C

Eo-tech - Bruce P

AR-15 Free-float assembly - Jim C

Trijicon Accupoint - Eric M

Cav Arms lower - Doc E

Cav Arms lower - Cy P

11-15 recieved packaged items valued between the Trijicon and Cav Arms lowers.

Start getting ready for next year!

Hamp

Why Kelly...where would you get such a nice round figure?? I can only assume...yes I know, that the M4 was due to the fact I shot iron sights against all you over priced optic hounds, and as I recall stage 11 went rather well for the iron guy. In the end though your read was right! Oh by the way did you happen to get the shotgun lesson from Benny? I can't seem to find it anywhere :lol: KURTM

BigHamp was the M4 a firearm or certificate? I am in the field in Wyoming right now and would need to make arrangements if it were a firearm. If it,s a cert. no prob! Great job to one and all. I look forward to next year! P.M. me if I need to make arrangements. KURTM

Hamp Thanks again for everythign. I excited about my package. I allways got in trouble at school when I said that.

Kurt Im sure Sense has a perfectly good excuse uh.... reason for leaving the certificates for the class at home. Also, I'll make it 2 thirds and a package for the M4.

COOL

Now I'll have a lower to go with my extra upper that I have because I bought an upper so I could win an upper at the Area 6 3-gun match, which I traded for a 3-gun cart + gear at the Area 6 3-gun match so I still have the original upper to put on it. :wacko::wacko:

Did you get all of that????????? I wrote it and I'm still not sure I got it. :P

There are going tobe a lot of questions about the Lewis system places. Hamp may have to post the Open/Tactical Finals showing the Lewis placements to answer them. Again Hamp, GREAT MATCH.

Ronnie

Edited by Still Praying

Benny, I would consider the trade for a heater, but it would have to look like a J-72 engine out of the old Phantom jet and put out at least 1,000,000 B.T.Us. Besides it Tee-Shirt weather up here at the moment, 8 degrees :D KURTM

I think Hamp covered that question rather well. He only posted the top spots with the FFL and big items. He didn't cover the rest of the Lewis breakdown because I would imagine that he doesn't feel like typing in a couple hundred names and prize packages. Sounds like the rest of the shooters will get the prized it may just take a week or two via the slowest method of transit.

Benny, I would consider the trade for a heater, but it would have to look like a J-72 engine out of the old Phantom jet and put out at least 1,000,000 B.T.Us. Besides it Tee-Shirt weather up here at the moment, 8 degrees :D KURTM

8 degrees- Stop you are making home sick!! Got to love the warm days.

Congrats

COOL

Now I'll have a lower to go with my extra upper that I have because I bought an upper so I could win an upper at the Area 6 3-gun match, which I traded for a 3-gun cart + gear at the Area 6 3-gun match so I still have the original upper to put on it.

The IRS called. They want to hire you to design some tax forms.