Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Motorized Range Cart

cbrussell

I have run it on a single charge for a 2-day match, however I will try and charge it overnight if I can. I also can plug it into the AC plug of my truck, but short rides from the hotel to the range won’t do much. 

It has never died at a match requiring a tow; however I do carry a spare battery that I have never needed to swap out, but batteries don’t last forever so my day is coming. 

Stay tuned for the solar panel charger!

Phil

On 6/25/2022 at 7:03 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I don't want to see this sport go the way of sporting clays

I do.

I'm at the point where the best part of the match is when I can take the gun off.

It's a Beretta 92X Performance, so the gun and six mags have mass. I'm also lazy, so factor that in.

I built my cart (not motorized) back in 2007 cause I thought you needed everything in your toolbox at a match in case something broke, I've outgrown that nonsense (I only shoot local matches, so big match fees and travel ain't my problem). Now the cart is more habit than anything else. Now it just has to have a small footprint, stow easily to fit in the back of my truck without disassembly or removing parts (telescopic handle), and be light enough for me to pick up and put into my truck. Current cart meets these requirements, after much upgrading. Added bonus is I can sit on it and use it as a table. Zuca carts are nice, but too spendy for what they are (IMHO).

If I was to motorize a cart, big wheels (20" bicycle wheels) would be a must. A 12v motorcycle battery would probably be more than enough power for it, but honestly an e-bike with a simple trailer would probably be a better solution than anything I could come up with.

On 6/25/2022 at 9:03 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I don't want to see this sport go the way of sporting clays

Not sure what this comment was actually referring to, but I was a sporting clay shooter for many years, however if you travelled to big shoots, (which I did) and shot the entire program, it would be near impossible to walk the course and stay on schedule.

I did this motorized cart for the fun of it, take it for what it's worth. 

23 hours ago, phil plesetz said:

Just finished this weekend. 

Solar Panel.jpg

Awesome!  I'm looking on Craiglist/ebay/etc...  for the Pink Barbie version!

Nolan

85300fcd-01d8-4a59-b148-a8f8384dd0cc_1.b

Edited by Nolan

On 7/10/2022 at 8:29 PM, robertg5322 said:

I do.

I'm at the point where the best part of the match is when I can take the gun off.

It's a Beretta 92X Performance, so the gun and six mags have mass. I'm also lazy, so factor that in.solution than anything I could come up with.

Steel Challenge is where you need to be then

On 7/10/2022 at 9:20 PM, phil plesetz said:

Not sure what this comment was actually referring to, but I was a sporting clay shooter for many years, however if you travelled to big shoots, (which I did) and shot the entire program, it would be near impossible to walk the course and stay on schedule.

I did this motorized cart for the fun of it, take it for what it's worth. 

I was referring to the everything about sporting clays, which I did do competitively before USPSA until I burned out.

On 6/30/2022 at 7:00 PM, cbrussell said:

Thanks, much appreciated.

I talked to him last night and he doesn’t have a digital camera to send me pics. I can maybe get some pics next week when I go to the city if he’s around. 

42 minutes ago, Farmer said:

I talked to him last night and he doesn’t have a digital camera to send me pics. I can maybe get some pics next week when I go to the city if he’s around. 

Thanks for the effort.

walking through Bass Pro the other day I noticed little "childrens" 4-wheelers, 90 cc??. I think I could still sit on it and drive it and tow a cart.

I thought of this thread when I saw it.

• 4 months later...