Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any TS2 .40 out there yet ?

Superkaratemonkeyfighter

• 2 weeks later...

I just got one and am already mad at it.  According to CZ Custom, their magwell will not fit it.  Apparently there is some difference in the frame besides just the trigger guard.  I found all this out after my CZ Custom magwell shipped.  

26 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I just got one and am already mad at it.  According to CZ Custom, their magwell will not fit it.  Apparently there is some difference in the frame besides just the trigger guard.  I found all this out after my CZ Custom magwell shipped.  

Isn’t it basically a S2 frame instead of a Czechmate/TS?

21 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

Isn’t it basically a S2 frame instead of a Czechmate/TS?

I think the TS platform is wider.  The TS2 does have the S2 style trigger guard.  I'm new to CZs and am learning (the hard way) along the way.  I am hoping someone at CZC doesn't know what they are talking about, but that is unlikely.  I think I should have gotten a TSO. 

4 hours ago, deerslayer said:

A friend from the club  who bought the old model ( new  TSO) took down the magwell  because it did not fit. Tried in the store to fit some new cz original  magwels  and nothing fits. Deviation of about 2 mm. In the end he sold it new.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, risingsun said:

Bump!

I see it now for sale around $1350 from a quite a few vendors, but cannot find any reviews yet. I *think* I want it to get into Limited (40).

Anyone has one yet?

I've had one for a couple months but had a recent death in the family and have only put ~250 rounds through it.  It's a tack driver.  I hope to shoot a local match very soon.  

5 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I've had one for a couple months but had a recent death in the family and have only put ~250 rounds through it.  It's a tack driver.  I hope to shoot a local match very soon.  

I'm very sorry to hear that. My condolences.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have about 550 rounds through mine.  At about 450, I started getting failure-to-extract.  A friend loaned me a new Cajun extractor spring and it didn’t help.  Now I can’t shoot more than seven or eight rounds.  I have a CZC extra power spring on the way.   Hope this clears up the issue - I have a major in two months and need some serious trigger time quick fast and in a hurry. 

17 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I now have about 550 rounds through mine.  At about 450, I started getting failure-to-extract.  A friend loaned me a new Cajun extractor spring and it didn’t help.  Now I can’t shoot more than seven or eight rounds.  I have a CZC extra power spring on the way.   Hope this clears up the issue - I have a major in two months and need some serious trigger time quick fast and in a hurry. 

If it gives you any more issues fill out the warranty form on CZ-usa.com and send it in for repair they cover freight both ways.

18 hours ago, eerw said:

what do the failures look like?

empty case in chamber? stovepipe? feeding round and empty case stuck?

Empty case in the chamber and a new round pushing against the back of it.  Some call it a double feed.  

Well the extra power extractor spring apparently solved my extraction issues.  However, I managed to shear? the rear sight set screw.  How this is possible I'm not even sure.  My rear sight came loose and I tightened it back down with plans to loctite it when I got home.  It came loose again after another 15 or 20 rounds, so I unscrewed it to investigate.  The set screw will barely even protrude from the bottom of the rear sight when bottomed out.  I think I'll let CZ solve this one.  I am starting to suspect that the Limited gods don't want me shooting a CZ...

• 5 weeks later...

I sent my TS2 to CZ for the loose sight issue and got it back today.  They covered shipping both ways, just like Fox said.  They called me last week and said they didn't have any TS2 rear sights and asked if I would be ok with a TSO adjustable sight.  Yep sure will!  I am curious where POI will be, though - they claim they test fired it with 115 FMJ 😜