Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Christmas Lights

lynn jones

I thought that was pretty cool.

And, It would have to be easier and cheaper...

("Shows on the hour from 7-10 o'clock" for instance.)

My girlfriend has an uncle that does his house "old school". It is usually on the news every year. Hanging lights like that takes up time.

Interesting story about these lights. I caught an interview on the radio today with the director of the trans siberian orchestra. The song in the video is called winter wizards and it is recorded by trans siberian orchestra. Apparently they got wind of this video on the web and did some investigating.

Basic premis is a guy bought the lights and equipment so that the lights are timed to whatever music is played. This setup would elikesomething found at a fancy night club or at a rock concert. He added 16,000 strings of light and a 1 watt FM transmitter.

He posted a sign in front of his house that says "please tune to XX.xFM and enjoy."

You blast the music he is broadcasting from his home in your car and watch the lights flash perfectly in time.

His neighorhood has been having a lights competition for years. This is the second year he has done this setup. He said the most noticeable reaction from the neighborhood is that his house was the only one with lights this year!

Trans siberian orchestra was pretty impressed with the whole set up and apparently the concept includingtheir music is being considered by advertisers, so this might not be the last of you see.

This guy lives in ohio.....Flex?

I thought you folks might be interested in the real scoop.

pc

8047 Winding Creek Ct - Mason, Ohio

The Today show had an interview with the family this am. The sounds is only broadcast over a low band FM freq. That way the neighbors don't go insane. You just tune your car radio to the posted freq and enjoy.

Edited by bobert1

He turned them off for good last night. The news this morning reported that it was 100% voluntary. But for some reason an emergency vehicle was unable to get to where it needed to go because of ?!?!? They didn't go into details more than that.

The incident was a minor 2-car wreck in the area (no one was hurt) but emergency vehicles could not get to them. I'm not sure if the responders knew about the lack of injuries or not.

Great light show and good music!

Edited by 1911user