Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 optic cut

Maxwell914

16 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

CZ custom will turn around on the lower end of their timeline. A buddy just got both his slides back in 6 weeks. The universal cut and plate system is worth it

^^^ this.

Go with CZC. They often do things faster than what's advertised.

If you go CZC, make sure you get the steel plate. Much more secure for holding the optic screws. 

I went with CGW for my optic cut earlier this year. I don't remember what the estimated time was, but once you're on their waiting list, they will tell you when to ship it in. So you are not w/o the slide for the entire time, only for a couple of weeks. The reason I went CGW is that I didn't want a plate, I wanted my SRO direct milled. I'm very happy with the results. 

On 9/27/2021 at 8:19 AM, Maxwell914 said:

Looking to get my shadow 2 optic cut for a RMR. CZ Customs is 8-10 weeks CGW is 16 weeks. PM only does a bunch of fancy cuts with the optic cut but all I want is the optic cut. Anyone have a recommendation on who can cut a slide for a RMR with a sub 6 week turn time?

Impact Machine does quality work with very reasonable lead times. He had my last slide in and out in less than 2 weeks!

https://impactmachinela.com 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 3:43 PM, Maxwell914 said:

So CGW sent me an email that they were ready for my slide and got it done in 3 weeks. It’s in its way back now beyond happy especially for the price.

Looking forward to CGW doing mine as well.