Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about the “box”

mike cyrwus

On 9/15/2021 at 7:41 AM, Nathanb said:

Yeah I would think it would fit pretty easily. If you have to depress the rear sight you should probably check your mags too 

My new Springfield Range Officer fits the box tight enough that the rear sight compresses when putting it in.  My old Springfield slides in without compressing the sight. I'm using Dawson no gap pads on both.

Every gun if an individual, some guns zero with the rear sight adjusted higher than others.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Uspsa Random question ..

Is there still a lid on the box ? 
I remember in the past guys running tanfo’s in production couldnt run the factory wide safety’s because it wouldn’t close.  

Boxes with the lid still exist but I couldn't find them for sale anywhere. The ones without the lid come with a straight edge that you can slide or roll across the top of the box.

We make NROI-approved Official USPSA boxes that come with a straight-edge bar that has to slide across without hitting anything on the pistol for it to qualify.  Cheaper and more accurate than a hinged lid, plus easier to see where the problem is and avoids people mashing on and bending a lid trying to force it closed.

So, no a lid is not required, but your pistol still needs to meet the depth requirement as well as in length and width.  That rule has not changed.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:44 PM, driver8M3 said:

Boxes with the lid still exist but I couldn't find them for sale anywhere. The ones without the lid come with a straight edge that you can slide or roll across the top of the box.

Try DAA I know they do IPSC boxes I am assuming they also do USPSA ( stand to be corrected) the DAA box has a slide on lid.

• 3 weeks later...