Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone here shot the AXG 320??

rowdyb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a good deal on an AXG Scorpion. It appears that the Legion slide will work with the AXG grip (according to a couple of Q's asked on the SIG web site related to AXG grip). I ordered a large back strap panel.

I like the feel of the gun and it shoots well. I'll have to try the legion slide on it. The Legion slide has competition sights vs. the AXG Pro's X-Ray sights. The Scorpion fits in my X5 Legion holster.

Aluminum AXG grip is lighter than the Legion grip. AXG grip is a bit thinner, but you can get larger side and back grip panels for the AXG grip. I like the "feel" of the AXG grip, but need a larger back panel (and may get larger side panels) given I have longer fingers.

Edited by Steppenwolf
Added a note

45 minutes ago, o27 said:

How does it compare to the Legion? I would have thought the metal AXG would be the heavier, but it’s not by a long shot

the frame is only aluminum, hard to get that to equal a bunch of tungsten powder. if it was a steel frame...... and the grip scales are incredibly light. they are so thin this is where i think brass grips might be a good thing if you wanted weight.

41 minutes ago, Steppenwolf said:

Aluminum AXG grip is lighter than the Legion grip. AXG grip is a bit thinner, but you can get larger side and back grip panels for the AXG grip. I like the "feel" of the AXG grip, but need a larger back panel (and may get larger side panels) given I have longer fingers.

that is what sold me more than anything, how my hand fits on this gun versus the x5 legions i had. i am going to sc my grip panels this weekend.

19 hours ago, rowdyb said:

beacuse of the nature of the frame where the grips mount on the AXG i think brass grips would be easier to make than for some other models. i would buy them.

Rowdy, Just read on Sigtalk that Armory Craft is apparently setting up to do brass grips. 

Edited by ddc

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 11:39 PM, rowdyb said:

I don't know. Of 320s I've only shot WC grip, this axg and the tungsten legion. This feels very similar to a P series grip.

How is the accuracy of the AXG Pro?  Better than X5 Legion?  CZ Shadow 2?  

17 hours ago, jfrizzel2001 said:

How is the accuracy of the AXG Pro?  Better than X5 Legion?  CZ Shadow 2?  

The difference is due to my current ability w the sig trigger vs all my time on cz triggers

On 7/9/2021 at 1:31 AM, rowdyb said:

Holosun, GG curved trigger, AC extra power trigger spring, SP tungsten guide rod, stock mag. Grips arrive this weekend.

Shoots well, handles well, weighs a good middle weight and fits my hand nicely. 

Screenshot_20210709-001833_Gallery.jpg

Rowdy did you direct mount our plate the holosun?  I just pick up an AXG pro this weekend. Have a spare RMR I was going to put on it. That and an AC curved trigger and I should be gtg. Love the feel of it. Even better than my legion. 

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

the holosun is a direct mount. no plate. my warren iron sights came in today, so I'll be installing those soon.

Thanks. Mine is my next weeks

project. Can’t wait to shoot it 

Edited by Blue Jacket

Any concerns with taking the magwell off and breaking the grip on a reload. I was surprised there wasn’t any metal there when I took mine off. Needs to be off for CO and I can’t seat my 23 rounders with henning base pads when it’s on there. 

On 7/28/2021 at 11:43 AM, Blue Jacket said:

Any concerns with taking the magwell off and breaking the grip on a reload. I was surprised there wasn’t any metal there when I took mine off. Needs to be off for CO and I can’t seat my 23 rounders with henning base pads when it’s on there. 

I could see how in an extreme case that might happen. I have a pretty clean reload so I'm not worried about it. But yes, the frame leaves some of the grip panel exposed/unsupported at the magwell opening and the grip screw is pretty close to this juncture as well. But you'd have to be way way off angle and going really really hard. The 3d printed grips are more flexible than the stock ones, so hard to tell if they would bend and absorb the hit better or be flimsier and break.

The new Lok grip set, even at $115, is worth a look.

Put on the different Dawson front sight and the new LOK grips for the AXG. Wow, those new grips really work for this gun! Love 'em, even though I no longer run them on my CZ for this gun they really work!