Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone here shot the AXG 320??

rowdyb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I handled a Pro about an hour ago. It came with a magwell and made in Italy magazines (MecGar). Reset seemed quite good. The slide was longer than the AXG, and of course had the Pro lightning cuts. 

I ended up putting a 320 AXG Pro on lay away today. I think it will be nice. I liked that grip in hand, for my ergonomics, far far more than the tungsten X5 Legion grip.

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I ended up putting a 320 AXG Pro on lay away today. I think it will be nice. I liked that grip in hand, for my ergonomics, far far more than the tungsten X5 Legion grip.

Are you going to use it in CO or something else?

12 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

Are you going to use it in CO or something else?

idk, but the whole thing intrigued me enough that when I had one in hand I decided to buy it. I'll likely buy a romeo1 pro to mount on it at some time. More mags. A curved trigger. Maybe new iron sights. And see who makes different grips. So all user interface points, not necessarily 'performance' upgrades.

It could be a match gun, it could be a teaching gun, it could be a nightstand gun. Or it might just end up sitting in the safe. If I hate it I'll be able to sell it, so no worries.

I held the AXG Pro in my LGS the other day. Feels very nice, very similar to the classic P-series guns and not really at all like the X-Five or X-Carry as rowdyb noted. There was nothing about it though that made me want to trade the AXG metal module for my current Icarus Precision metal modules

curved apex and gray guns triggers (shoes only) on the way. armory craft curved was out of stock. springer tungsten guide rod and springs in bound. tecdev grip panels inbound. armory craft increased trigger reset spring on the way.

put a holosun on it, green color dot.

likely silcon carbide the grips and back strap. need to figure out CO mags. then just need a holster.

7 hours ago, Ohvall said:

How does the grip size of the AXG frame compare with a medium X5 (non-Legion) grip module?  

I don't know. Of 320s I've only shot WC grip, this axg and the tungsten legion. This feels very similar to a P series grip.

1 hour ago, ddc said:

@rowdyb What did you think of the backstrap and frontstrap checkering?

I like them. The stock grip panels on the sides could definitely be more aggressive. We will see how I like it with the new grips. If I don't like them I will silicon carbide the stock ones and they'll then be great.

1 hour ago, ddc said:

@rowdyb What did you think of the backstrap and frontstrap checkering?

the mixture of the gg trigger and the ac extra power trigger bar spring is so frustrating! pretty sure i ruined my cool tbs trying to install it as the gg trigger has a grove in it for the post/bar interface so it absolutely can only go together at an angle that only works with no tbs, versus say the apex or other trigger shoes.

now to order more ac springs and grind down the offending part on the gg trigger shoe. jsut those two items have made the trigger in this gun pretty good! but if i get a non mangled spring in and get that more positive reset it will be awesome.

13 hours ago, rowdyb said:

the mixture of the gg trigger and the ac extra power trigger bar spring is so frustrating! pretty sure i ruined my cool tbs trying to install it as the gg trigger has a grove in it for the post/bar interface so it absolutely can only go together at an angle that only works with no tbs, versus say the apex or other trigger shoes.

now to order more ac springs and grind down the offending part on the gg trigger shoe. jsut those two items have made the trigger in this gun pretty good! but if i get a non mangled spring in and get that more positive reset it will be awesome.

That shrouded pin is a pain in the a$$.

I cut down a brass patch holder to help locate the hook end of the spring onto the FCU.

I clamp the FCU in a padded vise and then using that tool it is fairly easy.

Having three hands would also help, lol.

helper.jpg

3 hours ago, ddc said:

That shrouded pin is a pain in the a$$.

I cut down a brass patch holder to help locate the hook end of the spring onto the FCU.

I clamp the FCU in a padded vise and then using that tool it is fairly easy.

Having three hands would also help, lol.

helper.jpg

i can decide if I want to use a forked tool like that to put the spring in with the trigger and bar already in place OR if i want to just relieve the back side of the trigger so the pin isn't shrouded and I can do it with the spring already installed. I really want that extra power reset spring to work, and doing it how i did before just ruined it. (it looked like 45 degree vs 90 by the time i installed it)

9 hours ago, rowdyb said:

i can decide if I want to use a forked tool like that to put the spring in with the trigger and bar already in place OR if i want to just relieve the back side of the trigger so the pin isn't shrouded and I can do it with the spring already installed. I really want that extra power reset spring to work, and doing it how i did before just ruined it. (it looked like 45 degree vs 90 by the time i installed it)

Good question. I'm curious what the shroud is supposed to accomplish.

I actually got annoyed enough to take out the current generation GG trigger with the shroud and replaced it with the previous generation GG which did not have it.

Qualitatively it did not change anything that was obvious to me. I did not compare using a trigger gauge.

I did consider taking a dremel to the newer trigger but have not gone there. Yet...

Holosun, GG curved trigger, AC extra power trigger spring, SP tungsten guide rod, stock mag. Grips arrive this weekend.

Shoots well, handles well, weighs a good middle weight and fits my hand nicely. 

Screenshot_20210709-001833_Gallery.jpg