Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone here shot the AXG 320??

rowdyb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/8/2021 at 10:31 PM, rowdyb said:

Holosun, GG curved trigger, AC extra power trigger spring, SP tungsten guide rod, stock mag. Grips arrive this weekend.

Shoots well, handles well, weighs a good middle weight and fits my hand nicely. 

Screenshot_20210709-001833_Gallery.jpg

Oh so is this specifically designed for ipsc optic light division? Sorry if this has already been discussed, does the xfive legion slide fit the metal frame or is it incompatible? 

2 hours ago, yekcoh said:

Oh so is this specifically designed for ipsc optic light division? Sorry if this has already been discussed, does the xfive legion slide fit the metal frame or is it incompatible? 

I think this was simply parts bin engineering if you ask me. They had two cool things, an axg frame and a pro cut slide, so why not combine the two? Sig is known (notorious?) for all their model and production changes.

As far as I know you could put a Legion slide on it. This gun will never be as heavy as an X5 Legion, as the grip is aluminum. Even when brass grips get made the balance would be goofy and not where you want it a la the Shadow 2.

No matter, I still really enjoy shooting this gun for fun and might teach a few classes with it or something. Use it in the tactical athlete things I do as well.

On 8/10/2021 at 8:22 PM, rowdyb said:

I think this was simply parts bin engineering if you ask me. They had two cool things, an axg frame and a pro cut slide, so why not combine the two? Sig is known (notorious?) for all their model and production changes.

As far as I know you could put a Legion slide on it. This gun will never be as heavy as an X5 Legion, as the grip is aluminum. Even when brass grips get made the balance would be goofy and not where you want it a la the Shadow 2.

No matter, I still really enjoy shooting this gun for fun and might teach a few classes with it or something. Use it in the tactical athlete things I do as well.

I bought a custom shop FCU on an impulse buy and needed something to put it into so I bought one of the AXG modules and a coyote tan slide and made my own parts bin gun. It shoots good, I may use it in CCP division someday or maybe production if I ever get tired of Carry Optics. As a side note....the trigger in the custom shop FCU is excellent.

I picked up an AXG Pro yesterday and put some rounds thru it 

Liked the frame concept and grip shape - trigger is acceptable 

Reloads with the magwell were slick in both speed and slide lock - mag release and slide release ergos good 

Felt some unusual punch and abrasion from the grip texture on my strong  hand lower palm after 300 rounds - will swap grips for some Lok Veloce’s 

I didn’t have any pistols in the 320 platform so I thought this one would be a good option to flex between IDPA/IPSC with an optic 

The iron sights are good for duty/self defence but I’m used to a fiber optic thin front sight picture so I wasn’t as accurate at long distance as I have been with my iron sighted Shadow 2,  Bul 1911 or HK SFPL but similar to my P10F 

7 yd groups were all one hole as expected 

Bill Drill from low ready ( no holster yet) was 1.29 but not used to the trigger at all - so lots of room for improvement 

To be fair, I haven’t had much trigger time with any P320 variants as of yet 

Going to try it with a Holosun 507C X2 Vulcan as I have a few HS’s ,an SRO and a Cmore RTS2 - so fun to check out the Vulcan - I’m sure that will improve my practical accuracy 

The AXG Pro slide will take a direct mount RMR footprint but without the recoil bosses - will see if that assembly has any issues - can always get an aftermarket plate with the bosses 

Will run it with a Comp Tac International - I haven’t confirmed but I think it fits into the FS XCarry holster 

Will use whatever universal mag pouches I’ve got laying around 

I’ll see if the 320 platform suits me - the AXG Pro looks really cool at least lol ! 

6 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I bought a standard full size frame 320 holster for mine, same as you a Comptac International.

Cool - I talked to Comp Tac too and they said FS 320 which makes sense so I ordered one from the Canadian distributor 

I ended up picking up a 3 MOA R1Pro instead of getting a CHPWS plate and the right screws to fit a Holosun into the Romeo/DPP direct cut securely 

I’ve read a bunch of posts on the 6/32 RMR/Holosun screws stripping in the Sig holes tapped for 6/40 on the Pro cut slide ? 

First Sig optic - thought I’d mount what the AXG is cut for and check it out - has a cleaner dot than a 507C V2 ( with my prescription eye pro ) 

Ordered Gray/Black Lok grips 

Picked up 3 more mags and baseplates so I can match test it eventually 

Can run it with the magwell in IDPA CO 

IMO should have come with 3 mags at the price 

Wasn’t too sure about the pistol after the initial rounds with the stock irons but, after putting down some precision rounds with the optic and getting dialed in a bit with the grip and unfamiliar trigger , I’m feeling this is a pretty sweet all rounder 

But now I want Walther to issue an alloy framed PDP …

I have the AXG Pro w a 507c x2 slide mounted (6-40) and it is PERFECT ! I’m looking for upgrading trigger to match the GGP trigger kit by Wilson combat ( trying to get it as close to that as possible at least ) and maybe play w the guide rod and recoil system  just for fun and then grip panels at some point.. but AXG PRO out of the box is 10/10 all around! 

On 6/21/2021 at 4:26 PM, rowdyb said:

I’m trying to get my trigger on the AXG Pro as close to the WC 320 with the enhanced GGP trigger.. is this possible or would I have to send it in? I also wanted to know if anyone has gotten different grip panels and how they prefer them to stock. I want to get a Faxon chameleon barrel to embrace my slide cuts and pop out some flare with upgrading the barrel , but also want to add a comp - I just can’t find one that will fit the AXG pro as it is even with a new threaded barrel. Also guide rod / recoil springs I want to know what’s best reviewed option so far for y’all? Sorry I’m just thrilled w this gun and want it to be as great as possible ! Thanks guys! 

3 hours ago, BrandenH89 said:
On 6/21/2021 at 3:26 PM, rowdyb said:

I’m trying to get my trigger on the AXG Pro as close to the WC 320 with the enhanced GGP trigger.. is this possible or would I have to send it in? I also wanted to know if anyone has gotten different grip panels and how they prefer them to stock. I want to get a Faxon chameleon barrel to embrace my slide cuts and pop out some flare with upgrading the barrel , but also want to add a comp - I just can’t find one that will fit the AXG pro as it is even with a new threaded barrel. Also guide rod / recoil springs I want to know what’s best reviewed option so far for y’all? Sorry I’m just thrilled w this gun and want it to be as great as possible ! Thanks guys! 

A lot of these guys have done quite a bit of mixing and matching with all sorts of aftermarket:

https://www.sigtalk.com/forums/p250-p320-p320-x-5-m17-m18-pistols.54/

• 2 weeks later...

Well I succumbed to lust and bought an AXG Classic.   Due to living in NY I can't possess the 17 round mags that come with it so I have to scrounge my own 10 rounders.   🤬

Does it use the full size or compact mags?   Can't find the answer anywhere on the sig site including the manual.

You have to look for 17 round mags pinned to 10 rounds I believe.  I bought a X5 Legion form a LGS and it came with 17 round mags pinned to 10 rounds as California and other Nazi state compliant guns.  I would look up California compliant magazines/ 10 round P320 magazines.  

I do not believe you can use Compact magazines with the AXG model. 

I believe these would work, but I would double check.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-sauer-p250-p320-9mm-10-round-magazine.html

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone swap out the Sig X-Ray front sight for a fiber optic? The Sig #8 is listed at .220" (actual height with base and blade). I measured the #8 front sight blade at .170"

Dawson has a .160" tall and a .175" tall and .100" wide in the options list for a Sig P320 Fiber Optic front sight.

Wilson Combat has a "Snag Free" front fiber optic sight list at .215" height and .125" wide. If the base is same size as a Dawson the blade height is estimated (by my math) to be .165"

I want to just swap out the X-Ray front sight if possible with a fiber optic sight.

Thanks

Edited by Steppenwolf
Add detail

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 9:01 PM, DukeSoprano said:

Are screws that come with the Holosun 507c the same threads as the AXG slide?

I was able to direct mount mine with the screws in the holosun box

On 9/3/2021 at 3:15 AM, Boomstick303 said:

You have to look for 17 round mags pinned to 10 rounds I believe.  I bought a X5 Legion form a LGS and it came with 17 round mags pinned to 10 rounds as California and other Nazi state compliant guns.  I would look up California compliant magazines/ 10 round P320 magazines.  

I do not believe you can use Compact magazines with the AXG model. 

I believe these would work, but I would double check.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-sauer-p250-p320-9mm-10-round-magazine.html

Im in Australia and we are limited to 10 round magazines. The mags that came with my 320's are overall the same size as the 17 round mags. We even have the 17 round legion mags available which have a dimple punched just below the 10 round window.;

IMG_20211004_123238.jpg