Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sevigny Competition Glock Sights

Rikarin

I know sights are very personal experience... but I had an appotunity to shoot Julie's Glock 34 (thank you so much Julie!!!) and awed by it. Front sight is 110wx215h. Narrow and tall. Rear notch 150wx120h. Very wide. It's soooooo easy to locate frontsight. I fell in love with it!

warren tactical

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know sights are very personal experience... but I had an appotunity to shoot Julie's Glock 34 (thank you so much Julie!!!) and awed by it. Front sight is 110wx215h. Narrow and tall. Rear notch 150wx120h. Very wide. It's soooooo easy to locate frontsight. I fell in love with it!

warren tactical

I don't own any, but Dave asked me to try the ones on his gun a couple of months ago when they first came out. They are very quick. Even with my eyesight they were very easy to pick up.

I just received my free (thanks to the RO drawing at the Glock match) G17 and I think I may have a set of these installed.

...Mark

Got the rears on three guns with a GCR front sight until the WTS get in...ditched the FO and went solid. Great picture, quicker access...I just haven't shot them enough to do them justice, but will run the off-season with them to get used to it.

Like you, got a chance to run them when DS let me shoot his gun after Area 8 as he finished on the stage I was asssisting on.

I have a set of the very basic Heinie's from brownell's that gives the same sight picture. I hogged out the rear sight until I got the sight pic I wanted. Also very fast.

Craig

+1

Although these will be about the same price as a set of Heines and you won't have to hog out the rear notch.

I had a chance to shoot the Warren/Sevigney sights a few weeks ago. They were excellent.

Edited by chp5

Lov'em, Ive got a set on every match gun I own. I also like the Heinie's, but the with the serrations on the rear, it distracts me sometimes. I like Dave's because they are canted back toward you and give the all black sight without serrations or distractions.

Just personal preference. I love Dave's sights though, very fast.

A big tall blade sitting in a deep and wide notch inside a huuge rear blade is a very wonderful thing indeed. It's half the reason to shoot the S*I platform in comparison to the Glock platform. Fixing the Glock sight dilemma is a big thing. I usta' have a Wichita rear with a blade the size of barn door on my 17L with a humongous custom front like a flagpole on the front. Man, that setup was a joy to shoot at any distance, at anything.

Go for it, it will be a great step up from normal Glock sights.

Have the rears with a Dawson FO front, and love them. No serrations to distract, no pins or screws to loosen, no sharp corners, just a big, clean sight picture. I have Heinies on my carry Glock, and I am definitely going to open them up to at least .15. The WTS sights were spot on for my G34 at 15 yards. Awesome.

-joker22

Just talked to Dave at the Area 2 match. The sights are being manufactured now. They need to packaged and then shipped out to the dealer network. There will be four versions, first the Sevigny-Competition. This is the sight that most people have already seen. The front sight is going to be a bit wider due to a manufacturing requirement. It'll will probably end up between .112-.115 instead of .110. The other three versions will be carry sights. The Sevigny-Carry and Carry with Tritium, these primarily differ with a more carry friendly rear sight. The preproduction model that I saw still offers an excellent sight picture, but has the edges beveled on the rear sight. I'm not sure about the standard carry front sight but the tritium will be wider to accomadate the tritium vial. The fourth sight is the Warren-Carry. If you go to www.warrentactical.com the rear sight will be similar in profile to the rear sight surrounding the Warren logo. It's kind of a smoothed rabbit ear profile. I'll update as I get more info.

You'll also notice that the www.warrenttactical.com logo shows a U-notch vs. the square notch shown on the Sevigny versions. Many of the early versions of the sights that I saw had the U-notch. Has anyone seen anything but the square notch recently?

From what I understand, Warren is going to sell the sights through dealers. I don't believe that the dealer network has been totally firmed up though. You'll probably have better luck contacting a dealer than Warren once everything is setup. In the meantime though it's still a waiting game.

I have been hearing about these miracle sights for years, what could possibly take so long to bring these to market?

They are just sights for petes sake.

Make prototypes.

Have CAD drawings made.

Send the CAD drawings to a machine shop and 30 days later you have sights.

Its not rocket science. Who needs a dealer network? Just get them in Brownells, Thats enough for 90% of shooters.

<_<

• 2 months later...

These sights are incredible. Was able to secure a 3rd overall in production at the 2005 Summer Blast

with them. This was after having just put them on. My two G34's and two G17's are all properly equipped.

Aquisition, picture, and transition are all what I was looking for.

Scott told me that ODspec would be handling large volume orders and i-shot smaller/individual orders.

Well worth the money for anybody not happy with the current sights they are running. Give them a try and

you won't look back!

Happy shooting.