Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody else sorry they bought a Dillon 750?

I've been loading on a 550 for probably 30 years or more. I went to school in Tempe AZ and knew the Dillon brothers.

I retired about four years ago at 58. I only shoot about a 1000 rounds a month. Rather than sit in the house and listen to my wife bitch at me, I would go into the garage and load for a few hours.

I recently upgraded to a 750 with both a case feeder and bullet feeder. Now I can crank out a thousand rounds in no time.

I miss the good old days. Anybody else sorry they bought a 750?

:)

400128094.jpg

Didn't see the need to go from the 650 (been loading on it for 28 years) to the 750.  Broke the cast aluminum piece at the bottom of the handle / piston.  Sent the press back to Dillon and they refurbished it for the cost of shipping. 

The improvements between the two versions didn't justify the cost.  The investment was already made for the small and large primer systems on the 650 and it easily does 400 rounds per hour with the bullet feeder.  That meets my needs.

BC

So why not go back to your previous press?   Good market for the 750.

8 hours ago, ysrracer said:
8 hours ago, ysrracer said:

I miss the good old days.

Edited by Nc1911

1 hour ago, Nc1911 said:

So why not go back to your previous press?   Good market for the 750.

Umm, ahh, somebody want to tell him?

See its a joke. I used to spend hours in the garage loading ammo so my wife couldn't bitch at me. But a 750 with a case feeder and bullet feeder is so fast, I'm back in the house in no time :)

l worked with a guy who was on wife 13.0 when he passed away. You read that right - he had been married 13 times. On the other hand, we had a woman who married and buried 7 retirees and was drawing surviving spouse pension benefits for all seven. For obvious reasons she was nicknamed the Black Widow.

Edited by Tom S.

• 2 weeks later...

I added a 1050 to my bench about 2 years ago. If doing again I would get 2 more 550s to put with the one I already had instead.

If I knew I could get 550s I would probably sell the 1050 and do just that but with current events not sure I want to chance it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 12:44 AM, ysrracer said:

Rather than sit in the house and listen to my wife bitch at me, I would go into the garage and load for a few hours.

You should get a single stage press instead.