Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Double Tap Championship

Nice forecast for this weekend..... not. :ph34r:

Looks like the R.O. shoot this weekend will be a great equalizer........ if its rainy this weekend, and sunny for the regular match, it will "equal" a bad match for the R.O.s :P

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At one point this weekend it's a 90% chance of strong thunderstorms. Looks like the ROs are going to need rowboats to get to the stages. Next week looks better but not that much, there is still a chance of rain. I am going to bring 4 pairs of shoes just in case.

We are working on a schedule at this time for the RO's to shoot. Going to be different than planned because of the Rain. BUT! I will bet one of the RO's will win Stage 5 since they might have plenty of Practice shooting with wet hands :D

Man it was Bad THis Weekend! Had to Cancel the RO's Match for Sunday Lots of Rain/lightning. It is Moving Out on Monday and the Forecast is for Sun the Rest of the Week into the Weekend with Highs around 68-72 degrees.

We will be Shooting alot of the Staff/RO's on Friday the 24th to make up what they did not get shot this weekend. Which means we WILL be moving folks around to get the best / fastest flow to get everyone done as early as possiable on Friday.

So you may not be starting on the Stage you thought you were starting on. Check the Self Squadding on the USPSA page this week to see where you will be.

Man it was Bad THis Weekend! Had to Cancel the RO's Match for Sunday Lots of Rain/lightning. It is Moving Out on Monday and the Forecast is for Sun the Rest of the Week into the Weekend with Highs around 68-72 degrees.

We will be Shooting alot of the Staff/RO's on Friday the 24th to make up what they did not get shot this weekend. Which means we WILL be moving folks around to get the best / fastest flow to get everyone done as early as possiable on Friday.

So you may not be starting on the Stage you thought you were starting on. Check the Self Squadding on the USPSA page this week to see where you will be.

Maybe you need to find a good weather service to sponsor the match... ;)

is there such a thing as a "GOOD" weather service? I personally called the Weather man up here and told them I had an Outdoor wedding ( though get more Croporation than a gun Shoot) and they still got it wrong.

OK..

ready or not..( I am not...haven't had a chance to touch my gun in two weeks ) here I come..

leaving tomorrow to head down..hang out on Friday to watch the match and shoot some photos..

hey..is there a another range nearby at all???

We are leaving Thursday afternoon, going to drive for 6 or 7 hrs and stop grab a room. See you all up there friday afternoon!!! I love 13 hr drives.

Squad 13 rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Oh look for the fat guy wearing the Black Sprint hat!!!!

Edited by MarkS_A18138

AustinMike and I are leaving town bright and early tomorrow. We're both shooting on Friday. You'll find us on squad 4 over the weekend.... Mike will be the smart looking one with the clipboard.... :lol:

Fun match, had a great time - fun stages and great RO's. Robert did a heckuva job as did his crew. Thank you thank you for all your hard work guys!!

Only thing I can think of to complain about would be the porta-wall stage!! Ack!! :ph34r:

Can't wait till next year.

Great match Robert. Thanks to all the hard working crew that helped Mr. Porter make this happen. I can't think of a match that I have shot that had a better cast and crew of friendly RO's in a long time.

Lets do it agian soon.

Gotta agree! Fun match! Original stages, nice prize table. Almost all the squads ran ahead of schedule. The weather cooperated pretty well too. A little chill in the mornings but the afternoons warmed up. Today though the wind blew fierce! I had to stop (no, not at DairyQueen) on the way back to wash my face and hands. That north west Texas grit was even in my teeth. I think I may have to sacrifice today's socks to the range god as they are now an orange and white stipped textile abomination.

Thank you to all the ranch hands who made the match happen! And thank you XRE for organizing the BE dinner Friday night...It was a hoot!!

Edited by carinab

Once again Robert and his crew put on a great match - thank you to everyone who made it happen, it is greatly appreciated. Can't wait until the next one!

Rhonda, Congrats, 3rd C open right? And you've had that open gun how many weeks now? Great job. ;)

Wow! what a weekend! Finished this great match on Sunday with four, count'em 4, 32 round field courses, ending on Dave Re's stage for one of my fastest times of the match. I got through before the timer ran out of sand.

I going to add to my signature line:

"I'm not fast but I am entertaining".

Everybody got a good laugh watching me shuffle through the field courses.

Can't wait to see how they will top this next year. Thanks to Robert and all the DTC staff and RO's you guys and gals really did it up right.

David C

Scores are Posted on the Double Tap Web Sight www.doubletapranch.com as of sunday night at 8:30pm Got a hitch with the Finals in Single Stack. Some kinda of Bug keeps putting the Revlover finals in that slot will work on that Tomorrow. Thanks You for all the Kind words! We all had a good Time dispit the Challenges of the Weather the weekend before and 5 RO's being sick on Friday and not making it to the range. Everyone I spoke to had a great time, RO's Loved You all, said they would be Back next year. Learned some stuff AGAIN this year (like How far you can strech to get around a wall <_< ) Will get the Scores on the USPSA web Sight Monday and double check on the match being used as a classifier.

Thanks Again and we will see you on range

Edited by scorch

And thank you XRE for organizing the BE dinner Friday night...It was a hoot!!

Twas my pleasure - Way cool that everyone showed up for it, too :) I think we had a total of, like, 35 people along with the additional match staff that showed up.... We had, like, half the restraunt :)