Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 Western States Single Stack & Revolver Championship - Rio Salado, Mesa AZ

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jammer1911 said:

The website states it is no longer held at Rio Salado

The website is stale. If you click that link, it takes you to the 2019 page! 🙂 The 2021 WSSS&RC will be at Rio. Right now it is called something like the AZ State Single Stack Championship. It is being re-named. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MHicks said:

Yes. I looked on practiscore and couldn't find it.  Anyone hear if they will hold the western states single stack near San Diego again this year?

Due to issues with the range at Rio, the 2020 WSSSSSSSSSSSC was canceled. We tossed the idea of holding such a beast in SoCal and I gave Steve a call to tell him what we were doing. During that call, he told us that we could hold the match at Pala. So we did. Steve called last month and told me that they were going to hold a Single Stack match at Rio in Feb 2021 and they wanted to call it the traditional WSSSC. Since, the match was his child, of course there were no objections. So the match will be in Mesa and the Rio Salado people are the folks who will be posting info. 

Holding a SoCal match the same scale as last year will be difficult. Because of issues with the range owners at Pala and the USPSA club, there has not been a USPSA match on that range since July. And it is not clear when it will start again. There could be a smaller version happening somewhere down here but that remains to be seen.

Ok. I was wondering because in the previous post it mentioned being called the Arizona State SS and thought there may still be a WSSSC separately.  Just want to find out so I can make plans. Still not on practiscore yet, correct?

I shot with Steve H a few weeks ago. As per Steve right now the WSSSC is called AZ Single Stack Championship. Name should change as it gets closer. Match is scheduled for the 3rd weekend in February. Anyone wishing to shoot revolver will shoot on Friday. 

2 hours ago, CHARLES D said:

I shot with Steve H a few weeks ago. As per Steve right now the WSSSC is called AZ Single Stack Championship. Name should change as it gets closer. Match is scheduled for the 3rd weekend in February. Anyone wishing to shoot revolver will shoot on Friday. 

Thanks, Chuck! Feel free to leak any info you may stumble over... 😉

On 12/15/2020 at 7:19 PM, CHARLES D said:

I went to Pala last year specifically because revolver got to shoot in the main match. Why do we always have to shoot on the off days? Are folks afraid to get beat by a revo shooter?

Registration opens tomorrow. Normally, the match does not fill up. But things are not normal. Due to operational constraints, the squads are set to 10 shooters. Since this is (I believe) an AZ restriction, the limit is most likely fixed. The match may fill up real early. Be ready tomorrow at 1800 MST. 😉 

Best of luck!

Chuck

22 hours ago, PatJones said:

I went to Pala last year specifically because revolver got to shoot in the main match. Why do we always have to shoot on the off days? Are folks afraid to get beat by a revo shooter?

At Pala this year the match was smaller  and SS and Revolvers shot together. The matches in Az. have been larger  and they may have to seperate them. Plus those shooters who want to shoot both can shoot both matches with them occuring on different days.

I've never shot USPSA revolver but have shot ICORE classic division (6 shots with speedloaders) at several IRC's and it was fun shooting with close to 250 shooters all shooting revolvers.