Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS Sights

ClarenceOveur

Looking for sights for my gen5 Glock 34 MOS. The only ones I can find made for the MOS are Dawson's:

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-gen5-g34-mos-fixed-non-co-witness-sight-set/

All of the sights I have looked at, Warren, Sevigny, Vogel, etc...seem to be for earlier model glock 34s. Are there any other similar sights made for the gen5 Glock 34 MOS? I am trying to find a black/fiber optic front sight, and a black rear sight, with a wide and deep notch.

1 hour ago, ClarenceOveur said:

Looking for sights for my gen5 Glock 34 MOS. The only ones I can find made for the MOS are Dawson's:

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-gen5-g34-mos-fixed-non-co-witness-sight-set/

All of the sights I have looked at, Warren, Sevigny, Vogel, etc...seem to be for earlier model glock 34s. Are there any other similar sights made for the gen5 Glock 34 MOS? I am trying to find a black/fiber optic front sight, and a black rear sight, with a wide and deep notch.

One of the options on the Dawson page that you linked is "Black Rear/Fiber Optic Front", which is what I am going to use on my Gen5 when I switch to it.

If you get a Dawson verify that the front sight fits correctly in its slot. Mine (also a G34 Gen5 MOS) did not and would rotate from about 11:00 to 1:00. I did contact Dawson and they said to fill the slot with Loctite. That shot loose so I wrapped the tab and n the bottom of the sight with dental floss and Loctite and it worked so far. 

13 hours ago, Mike L. said:

10-8 and Sevigny both offer black rear/ fiber-optic front sights for the G34 Gen5 MOS. 

Thanks for the information, I had not looked at 10-8 before. 

The website shows one rear sight which might work, but I prefer a square rear notch over a U shaped notch..

I looked at the Sevigny website at:

https://sevignyperformance.com/2020/01/defense-tritium-and-target-fiber-optic-sights/

but did not see any regular sights for the MOS, just suppressor height sights. Is there a better website for other Sevigny sights? 

Edited by ClarenceOveur
Format error

The down side to the 10-8 sights is the u-shaped rear notch, if that matters to you.  I prefer Heinie sights, which are very nice and have the normal, square notch.  They're also available with tritium inserts if you want that.

iu-2.jpeg

2 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

The down side to the 10-8 sights is the u-shaped rear notch, if that matters to you.  I prefer Heinie sights, which are very nice and have the normal, square notch.  They're also available with tritium inserts if you want that.

iu-2.jpeg

Thanks for bring up another sight type, Heinie.

Unfortunately, the only sights for the MOS seem to be the large suppressor style, as shown it the picture above.

If you're not going to run an optic, you can use the standard Heinie Glock sights.  The rear will overhang your plate, but that shouldn't really matter.  One of the things I really like about the Heinie sights is they have a pretty wide rear notch.  So they're very fast to pick up.  You can order them with plain black rear and fibre optic front, or just get a plain rear and get the front from Dawson. 

With how far back the rear dovetail is on the slide, to be behind the mos plate it is difficult to find sights that sit flush with the rear of the gun. I ended up using other G34 sights to get what I wanted and just dealing with a little overhang, over the mos plate and the rear of the gun.

AmeriGlo makes several sets that are specially-designed for the MOS guns.  The ones on my 34 Gen5 don't overhang the rear or the plate and have a square notch, the solution to both of my complaints with others' sights.

20201120_071310.jpg

Edited by Braxton1

On 11/16/2020 at 9:32 PM, BHBret said:

If you get a Dawson verify that the front sight fits correctly in its slot. Mine (also a G34 Gen5 MOS) did not and would rotate from about 11:00 to 1:00. I did contact Dawson and they said to fill the slot with Loctite. That shot loose so I wrapped the tab and n the bottom of the sight with dental floss and Loctite and it worked so far. 

Piss Poor Service from them.