Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there a bigger/better dry tumbler than the large Dillon tumbler?

Cuz

I've been using the Dillon large size tumbler for many years, but was thinking of adding a second one to clean/polish brass in less time.  I figure I'll keep one for cleaning and the new one for polishing and removing any case lube afterwards.

Before I buy another Dillon, I was just wondering if there are any others out there that have the same or larger capacity.

Thanks,

-Cuz

Damn, that's even cheaper than the Dillon.  I like it!  I wonder if it would do as good a job since it rotates rather than vibrating.

Anyone have any experience using something like that to clean brass?

47 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Damn, that's even cheaper than the Dillon.  I like it!  I wonder if it would do as good a job since it rotates rather than vibrating.

Anyone have any experience using something like that to clean brass?

And there are 10% off coupons . Also if you ever wish to try wet cleaning you are good to go. I still prefer dry. Its a lot less work.

Edited by AHI

I use a cement mixer with a polymer drum. I put cut up conveyor belts over the metal agitators in the drum. I can do a full bucket at a time if needed. I only use it for wet tumbling. I never tried dry tumbling with it.That is one extreme though. I know harbor freight sells a big vibratory tumber. A good friend has used it for years with no issues.

https://www.harborfreight.com/18-lb-vibratory-bowl-with-liquid-drain-hose-96923.html

+1 on the cement mixer here. When I had the idea of a concrete project I picked up a poly barrel Kobalt from BLowes. While preparing the yard for concrete, I'd run batches with 5 gal pails of brass in the mixer. Was awesome!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

If I were to do it again, I'd go the cement mixer route instead of a FART. It's not that the FART can't clean a lot of brass, I just did a 5 gallon bucket and it took quite a few batches.

Would be nice to sort all my brass in the fall and clean it in a couple of batches and then load all winter for the next season.

If I were to do it again, I'd go the cement mixer route instead of a FART. It's not that the FART can't clean a lot of brass, I just did a 5 gallon bucket and it took quite a few batches.

Dude, what are you talking about?

I'll venture a guess:  Frankford Arsenal Rotary Tumbler.  That would be a very wet FART.
Haaaha! Thats awesome.
I was gonna say I'd try gassing my brass but I'm afraid it'd get all brittle and blow out on me! Haaaha, The FART...the things that are showing up around here are hilarious. There was a funny thing about potatoes potating on another post. Learn something new every day.

I have been using the HF cement mixer for 6 years wet and dry. I usually start wet with Brass Juice, Dehydrator @ 160 for 4 hours, RollSizer.com DC unit for 9,40, and .223, then dry for a few hours wit cob and Lucas Metal Polish. I just processed 35,000 brass in a week a few weeks ago. I will do the same next year.