Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fang rules,,,

On 8/19/2020 at 2:22 PM, texasdawg said:

I made a "fang" type butt stock addition out of delrin. Are there any rules on the length allowed. Does any one know or care to say what length the original is? I do not have access to one and can't find any info on length?

Is the goal to have the top of the stock touching your shoulder while the bottom is touching your belt? LOL

There are a couple of results when one extends the length of the butt stock. I like that it allows me to have a higher cheek weld with my head straight up and still maintain a solid rest against my chest so that I can use a lower riser for my red dot and help eliminate some hold over on close targets and still have a 15 yard zero. I'm also not some thin guy with a young body, and a longer butt stock helps get the carbine off my belt where so many course designers now start a PCC to help even the playing field with pistols,,,

even though we are not shooting against each other,,, the pursuit of HOA has changed some things for the worse,,,

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Chillywig said:

Local club has a cowboy start position for PCCers. Gun held in weak hand only, strong hand wrist above shoulder. It is also frequently suggested to slap ones own a$$

Not sure how the “Manny” start is legal  Always specify safety on and held in both hands, and any other positions you come up with should be fine. Remember, no uprange starts, and no start positions requiring starting in the weak hand. A competitor may start this way if he chooses, but the WSB cannot specify it.

PCC Start Positions Troy McManus, DNROI 

Because course designers need to state a specific start position for all guns, including PCC, there is no default or “normal” start position for PCC. While the handgun rule book lists a default start position for handgun if it isn’t specified in the WSB, it really makes more sense to specify a start position, and one that’s easily understood and easy to enforce. The same goes for PCC. Terms like “port arms” and “low ready” are not defined in the USPSA Handgun rules—take the time to spell it out, as seen in our classifier WSB’s. Even though many of them use the “buttstock on belt, held in both hands, safety on, muzzle generally downrange” position, it’s not the default. An aiming point is a good idea if you want the PCC to start shouldered—a cheap cone, a mark on a wall, a prop—all will suffice. Always specify safety on and held in both hands, and any other positions you come up with should be fine. Remember, no uprange starts, and no start positions requiring starting in the weak hand. A competitor may start this way if he chooses, but the WSB cannot specify it. I’ve also had some questions about starting on the weak side for classifiers or other stages that will require weak side shooting. This is legal in our classifiers unless they specify starting on the strong side. It’s up to the competitor. Table or other placed starts, loaded or unloaded, are the same for both handgun and PCC. For unloaded starts, the bolt must be closed and the hammer down—yes, the competitor has to pull the trigger if he racked the bolt open to dry fire or to remove a flag.

https://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/uspsa/pcc-start111617.pdf

17 hours ago, Bwillis said:

Not sure how the “Manny” start is legal  Always specify safety on and held in both hands, and any other positions you come up with should be fine. Remember, no uprange starts, and no start positions requiring starting in the weak hand. A competitor may start this way if he chooses, but the WSB cannot specify it.

PCC Start Positions Troy McManus, DNROI 

Because course designers need to state a specific start position for all guns, including PCC, there is no default or “normal” start position for PCC. While the handgun rule book lists a default start position for handgun if it isn’t specified in the WSB, it really makes more sense to specify a start position, and one that’s easily understood and easy to enforce. The same goes for PCC. Terms like “port arms” and “low ready” are not defined in the USPSA Handgun rules—take the time to spell it out, as seen in our classifier WSB’s. Even though many of them use the “buttstock on belt, held in both hands, safety on, muzzle generally downrange” position, it’s not the default. An aiming point is a good idea if you want the PCC to start shouldered—a cheap cone, a mark on a wall, a prop—all will suffice. Always specify safety on and held in both hands, and any other positions you come up with should be fine. Remember, no uprange starts, and no start positions requiring starting in the weak hand. A competitor may start this way if he chooses, but the WSB cannot specify it. I’ve also had some questions about starting on the weak side for classifiers or other stages that will require weak side shooting. This is legal in our classifiers unless they specify starting on the strong side. It’s up to the competitor. Table or other placed starts, loaded or unloaded, are the same for both handgun and PCC. For unloaded starts, the bolt must be closed and the hammer down—yes, the competitor has to pull the trigger if he racked the bolt open to dry fire or to remove a flag.

https://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/uspsa/pcc-start111617.pdf

So...does that mean stage 12 or 13 ( can't exactly, remember ) at Area 4 was not a legal stage ? Stock on belt , strong hand wrist below belt......not exact wording but pretty dang close.

29 minutes ago, assaultthesalt said:

picture of start at Area4.....notice Fang resting on top of belt.....RO thought I didn't have " buttstock " on belt....lol

area4.png

So instead of making comments about RO’s ask yourself this. If you were not a PCC shooter and were running shooters as an RO(I assume you are an RO), would you hesitate When seeing that start position? I would but only because I can’t see your belt

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

So instead of making comments about RO’s ask yourself this. If you were not a PCC shooter and were running shooters as an RO(I assume you are an RO), would you hesitate When seeing that start position? I would but only because I can’t see your belt

Only stating a fact about the time a RO ran me , not ever seeing a Fang.In NO way bashing someone volunteering their time to RO.And yes...I have RO'd before.