Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 40 cal mags

22h2

Thanks for the replies, I’m new to the 2011’s I have been reading that the mbx work flawlessly and the gram guts will correct sti issues. I have never really experienced many mag issues with any guns over the years, but it looks like the 2011 could be picky. 

I'd go with MBX in 40.  Gen 1 STI mags still have weak feed lips and require retuning after you drop them a bunch.  My MBX mags went three years of matches and never required retuning.  Shooters Connection is the place to buy MBX mags.  After you get 50 posts, email them you are a Benos forum member and you will get 5% off most things.

thanks for the info, I was wondering what the difference in gen 1 vs gen 2, that makes sense, and the tuning makes sense for mags with heavy use and dropping them.  MBX seems to be the most popular without a doubt,  do most use mags that lock the slide back or do they use comp mags?  I have never liked mags that didnt lock the slide back but planned reloads it wouldnt make a lot of difference. 

4 hours ago, 22h2 said:

50 post for 5% i need to start talking more lol 

Not all parts get the 5% discount.  MBX 2011 mags are one of the ones that don't, at least as of today.

Edited by muncie21

I have been running Gen 2 STI mags. Dawson has been the best pricing I can find now. TTI base places and Grams springs and followers.

If you wait for a TTI sale, you can get the whole set up for about $105 each. Slightly cheaper than MBX and I can get 20 reloadable.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:21 PM, 22h2 said:

thanks for the info, I was wondering what the difference in gen 1 vs gen 2, that makes sense, and the tuning makes sense for mags with heavy use and dropping them.  MBX seems to be the most popular without a doubt,  do most use mags that lock the slide back or do they use comp mags?  I have never liked mags that didnt lock the slide back but planned reloads it wouldnt make a lot of difference. 

Gen 1 sti mags are some of the most durable mag tubes you can find. I had some I used for 8 years in uspsa matches, not one went out of spec.

I’ve used MBX mags for years, like 5 years. They have always worked great and I’ve used grams 13 coil springs and followers. I use 13 coil cause they last longer than the 11. 

all mags need “tuning” and it’s really easy to do so don’t let that sway you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 11:05 PM, Rnlinebacker said:

Mbx mags from www.mbxextreme.com

They run right out the packaging

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Same here I am running all MBX and have had 0 issues right out of the package!  

On 8/17/2020 at 10:59 PM, 22h2 said:

thanks Atlasguy321, everything i have read MBX mags are very good, so is tuning mostly replacing parts?

From my limited experience with them so far yes.  I have also not run any other mags.  I will say I use mine for dryfire and live fire and I abuse the crap out of them with no issues.  I know I will probably get castrated for saying this but I don't even take them apart and clean them very often.  Sure, it will bite me eventually but I am just throwing it out there for reference.  I have been running mine right at a year and have probably cleaned them twice.  Still running the springs and followers that came in them.  

Edited by Diesel24v

17 hours ago, 22h2 said:

thanks Diesel24v, what caliber do you have?  I have a 40  and a 45  and im interested about the 18 round 45acp if you or anyone has experience with them?

I have only run the 40 magazines.  I have no experience with 45.