Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

i heard the following:

3 gun Nats back to back with either open or limited in Bend, Oregon

the other plus the remaining being production, L10, revolver and single stack split between barry and tulsa. unfortunately i have no specifics of times.

I went to and competed in the nationals for the first time in 2005. I REALLY enjoyed myself and met several new people.

I know I am impatient, but being that we up here in Minnesota are starting to get into the silly season :wacko: (no shooting for a while because of the frigid cold, 180" of snow, no sunlight for days etc...), I was wondering what rumors were floating around for next years (2006) nationals?

I had heard an idea of putting 1,000 shooters thru :o this next year.

It had been said that it would have to be a week long event and that it would combine all divisions.

It was also said that there would be 30 courses of fire for the 30th anniversary year.

I understand it will also be at Pasa Park in 2006.

I know it is early to start talking about this event, but I almost feel like I am going thru withdrawls....

I don't recall when some of the preliminary information came out for the 2005 nationals, and I dont' know if this anniversary year will be any different (if the information will be out slower than normal or quicker than normal).

Let the rumors begin!

Looks like someone else had the exact same thoughts in their heads as I did... Glad to see I am not the only person out here thinking about next years nationals already. (I had started the identical topic one day after this one was posted)

Edited by TRP-Professional

Thats what I like about Area 5...nothing but love for one another. :P I'm going to my room now and put on my tin-foil hat with the coathanger antenna so I can probe Mike Voights mind and come back with the answer. You'll all see...I'm not crazy I tell you...I'm not!!! (insert fist-pumping here)

Jeff

(insert fist-pumping here)

Jeff

So that is where SAKO came from.

nasty...

i work at a hospital pharmacy and when nurses call and ask me to recommend a laxative i always say that "digital disimpaction" works best. for some reason they always want a drug instead...

LOL...as I read this...there is some Becker re-run on TV in the background.

The Doctor mistakes the plumber for a patient...with a "Burrito blockage". The plumber (thinking they are talking about plumbing) says how he has had his hand up "in there" checking it out. lol

To get back on topic...

I am already scheduling my work into the first quarter of '07.

The date and location for the '06 USPSA Nationals could have and should have been announced long before now. Somebody needs to get on the ball.

Or so it seems to me.

Mike

I am already scheduling my work into the first quarter of '07.

The date and location for the '06 USPSA Nationals could have and should have been announced long before now. Somebody needs to get on the ball.

Or so it seems to me.

Mike

Anything new about the 06 Nationals?

Edited by senna

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure it's been set in stone, but after a few calls, the open nationals are supposed to be in Barry the second week of Sept. I don't know the format - didn't ask since I can't get out of school to go.

I hope that's not true, if it is, it's a kick in the teeth for juniors/teachers who shoot.

Britin, I don't think scheduling is ever a kick in the teeth.

There are an untold number of factors that come into play not just who can attend when. Issues such as range availability, hotel openings, staffing, other event intrusion, tradition,

Personally it will be on a weekend that I work, does that make it a kick in the teeth to firemen who work C Platoon on a 48/96 schedule? If it is in the summer then it is biased against landscapers............

Besides it hasn't been announced yet so maybe there is some time to do some lobbying :)

Craig

Edited by smokshwn