Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Release Question

Blue Jacket

I did it on my SP-01 Manual Safety so basically the same as your Shadow. One of the best mods I've done. I have medium sized hands and before, I had to slightly rotate the gun to release the mag. Don't have to adjust my grip at all with the S2 mag release. Easy change too. Took about 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 11:26 AM, Blue Jacket said:

I am thinking of putting a S2 (paddle type) mag release on my original Shadow.  Anyone who has done this, what did you thin?.  I think it would save me rotating the gun in my had to hit the release.  

I have installed on my 75 Bull Shadow , SP01 Shadow.

Love it more on these guns than on Shadow 2.

6 hours ago, mcmmotorsports said:

Somewhat off topic, but not really. Does anyone know if the S2 extended release/paddle fit the TSO?

No it won’t fit unless you mod the mag release. It’s not wide enough inside the frame to fit the TS mags. There was a thread floating around here on Enos awhile back were someone showed how they did it.

8 hours ago, mcmmotorsports said:

Somewhat off topic, but not really. Does anyone know if the S2 extended release/paddle fit the TSO?

The TSO ships with one now, but the part is different from the S2.

Maybe the part # can be obtained and one can be ordered.

2 hours ago, ML123 said:

I am planning to do this to my SP-01.  LMK where you can find one to buy right now they are on back order from CZC and CGW.

Check Ben Stoeger Pro shop or CZ-USA I've purchased the mag release from both places before.

Edited by mveto

3 minutes ago, Blue Jacket said:

Sell out already, or is the site not updated?  They are showing out.  Even if they are sold out, thanks for the heads up.  Thanks

Oh dang. We had ten in stock last night when I left.

2 hours ago, Blue Jacket said:

Sell out already, or is the site not updated?  They are showing out.  Even if they are sold out, thanks for the heads up.  Thanks

sent you a PM

• 2 years later...
14 hours ago, bigroost43 said:

Can you/will you make an S2 mag catch to fit the 75bd?

No, the BD has a round mag catch and the S2 is a D style. What you could do is get the extended mag release if you can find one.

If you haven't already, may I suggest trying a reduced power mag release spring first?

The original spring is stiff but with a lighter spring it's a lot easier to activate the mag release and you may not even need a bigger mag release.

You could also try to bend the original spring but if you overdo it the spring might be too light and won't lock the mag in place.