Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round single stack .45 acp mags?

Cherokeewind

I loved the Wilson Bureaucrat 10-rounders (yeah, they got that name during the bans/restrictions imposed by the 1994 Assault Weapons Control bill), but I did have a tab break off the front of when when doing a vigorous open-slide reload. It of course waaaayyyy over-inserted and caused a helluva jam. After that I went to the CMC Power Mags. The steel is thick and tough and required much less 'tuning' than the Wilsons. 

36 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

I loved the Wilson Bureaucrat 10-rounders (yeah, they got that name during the bans/restrictions imposed by the 1994 Assault Weapons Control bill), but I did have a tab break off the front of when when doing a vigorous open-slide reload. 

Yup! Sent two back to have the tabs reinstalled.

Still like 'em

Mark

24 minutes ago, redial said:

Yup! Sent two back to have the tabs reinstalled.

Still like 'em

Mark

I broke one so I emailed a picture to Wilson and they sent a new tube. I used them a lot in L-10 before Single Stack became a division. I had a couple Chips and rarely the metal follower would rock forward and keep the empty mag from dropping.

I have Wilson; very good but one did break and was immediately replaced by Wilson, CMC-have those too and they work great.  

However, I probably have 20 Tripp mags, 8 and 10 rounders-these are the best. Well worth the expense.

I've experienced "tipping" problems with the McCormick followers in 7 rd. magazines.......

I have several Wilson 8 rounders and so far they have been great.   I'm going to try a couple of Tripp's 10 round mags, I like the metal to metal slide lock feature.

Thanks or all the info:)

I've always had the best luck with the CMC 10 round power mags. I've never had to worry about The tabs and the followers seem to tolerate the Arizona dust a little better than the others I've tried.