Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DG BULLETS LEADING MY TSO BARREL!!

CZGeoege

On 5/20/2020 at 11:29 PM, Glockster1 said:

You misspelled your name, George. Lots of people complaining about that. 

When you say lots of people, where are these peeps? I haven’t seen anything regarding my complaint about DG. The leading is so bad, I refuse to use the 1000 I have left.

I would contact DG. I know of a well known supplier who put out some bad bullets due to a thermocouple failure, and a start up supplier putting out bad bullets due to not having the coating figured out. 

They may know of the problem and offer you a refund, or else they may not know there is an issue. 

3 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I would contact DG. I know of a well known supplier who put out some bad bullets due to a thermocouple failure, and a start up supplier putting out bad bullets due to not having the coating figured out. 

They may know of the problem and offer you a refund, or else they may not know there is an issue. 

It was so bad that I had to discontinue using them, I have zero issues with any other brand of bullet. I’m sitting on 2000 180gr 40 cal bullets. I may melt them and use them for my home cast bullets. I have almost zero crimp on the case neck , I use a mighty armory die and a Redding competition seating die. The issue is not my fault. My “crimp” is .422

Edited by CZGeoege

21 minutes ago, CZGeoege said:

It was so bad that I had to discontinue using them, I have zero issues with any other brand of bullet. I’m sitting on 2000 180gr 40 cal bullets. I may melt them and use them for my home cast bullets. I have almost zero crimp on the case neck , I use a mighty armory die and a Redding competition seating die. The issue is not my fault. My “crimp” is .422

I did not intend to imply that the issue was on your end, particularly since you are using sport pistol . 

FWIW when I had a TSO I was feeding it bayou 180 coated, no issues. 

13 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I did not intend to imply that the issue was on your end, particularly since you are using sport pistol . 

FWIW when I had a TSO I was feeding it bayou 180 coated, no issues. 

I understand, I just wanted to make what I was doing very clear. It wasn’t a defensive post regarding your info.

9 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

I would ask DG about returning them and give them a chance to make it right.

Called them up today, left a detailed message and my name/number... no call back DG sucks a pecker imo...

53 minutes ago, CZGeoege said:

Called them up today, left a detailed message and my name/number... no call back DG sucks a pecker imo...

I agree...too bad as I was thinking of giving them a try...

1 hour ago, PhotoRecon said:

I called right after I read your message informing me to do so, it was around 9:30am EST

Edited by CZGeoege

1 hour ago, CZGeoege said:

Have you ever thought about giving them a little time to reply? 

Bullet companies are swamped right now, it may take a couple days to get back with you. 

Meh, what’s two minutes out of someone’s day? They had over 12 hours. DG web page states that additional people were hired to help process orders. I’m sure a phone is properly manned for big dollar clients.

5 minutes ago, CZGeoege said:

Meh, what’s two minutes out of someone’s day? They had over 12 hours. DG web page states that additional people were hired to help process orders. I’m sure a phone is properly manned for big dollar clients.

It's ok to be mad. Again, try BBI. Chandler owns it and always answers calls, emails, fb messages promptly in my experience.

7 hours ago, CZGeoege said:

I was at work when I read you original post.....still at work as I read this one, lol.

I've not had a chance to load them & see if there is leading in my guns.

I found about DG from another poster (another forum) who runs them in several guns and had nothing but positive to say about their performance, consistency and accuracy.  One of the guns he's running them in is a Glock (figured that was a good endorsement of their coating).  I was waiting on a Blue Bullets order of 3,600 125gr lrn…..expecting it to take another couple weeks.

I checked with DG site and looked around.  What I wanted was available.  Didn't see the diameter listed for anything so I searched around some more and found the contact info and emailed them.   Reply came back within a couple hours of what their standard diameters were.

Made an order with DG and it arrived four days later.  Did the same on another larger order.  Same swiftness.  This was a couple weeks ago amid this COVID19 madness that's had my primer orders in limbo......as well as many other bullet sources.    Brazos & DG were ready to get them to us quickly when other places couldn't. 

When I get home in the morning I'll open up the boxes and take a closer look....maybe even smash test a couple.

I was pleased to find a solid recommendation on high performing coated bullets that are fairly priced and SWIFTLY delivered.       

Maybe email is worth a shot...……..

Hopefully you'll come out of this satisfied.  I hate to see them run into the ground like this without them having the benefit of responding. 

Edited by DubfromGA

Did you measure these ? Could be undersized.
But also I'll offer the advice of , you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
If your tone calling them was like it is on here, I probably wouldnt call you back either

44 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

But also I'll offer the advice of , you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
If your tone calling them was like it is on here, I probably wouldnt call you back either

My “tone” was very respectful, just asked for a call back and some advice. 

45 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

I didn’t even ask for a refund, what’s the point really? I just wanted to know if they had any info on the stated issue or some insight to a solution.

Leading like that is almost always caused by a bullet that is undersized compared to the barrel. The first thing you need to do is slug the barrel and measure the bullet. Until you do that, anything else is pointless.

For every 9mm CZ barrel that I've slugged, they are all oversized and require a wider bullet. When I switched to 0.357 bullets, all my leading problems went away.

17 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

Smashed a couple when I got home from work....coating held up really well.    I'm happy.

I'll be buying more...and with confidence.

I sure as hell wouldn't  let one hothead rant about them "sucking pecker" dissuade me.   

SNS had a bad batch get thru their QC and ended up causing very bad leading. To the point some guns local to me blew up. SNS did the right thing, replaced what was needed, and got the customers squared away.

Stuff happens... let them fix it. A day or two isn't enough time. Give them a week or two given what is going on right now.

Edited by Maximis228

51 minutes ago, DubfromGA said:

Smashed a couple when I got home from work....coating held up really well.    I'm happy.

I'll be buying more...and with confidence.

I sure as hell wouldn't  let one hothead rant about them "sucking pecker" dissuade me.   

Use promo code HM10 for 10% off and good luck.