Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DG BULLETS LEADING MY TSO BARREL!!

CZGeoege

4 hours ago, DubfromGA said:

Smashed a couple when I got home from work....coating held up really well.    I'm happy.

I'll be buying more...and with confidence.

I sure as hell wouldn't  let one hothead rant about them "sucking pecker" dissuade me.   

I don't think he sounds at all like a  "hothead". In fact, I take more from what he said and others that posted similar responses, on this website and others, than the responses here that sound like they're coming from the DG Bullets owner with multiple user accounts.

If you go on YouTube, ALL the negative review videos about bullet companies have mysteriously DISAPPEARED. Only the ones with good praise that sound like the bullet company owners with multiple YouTube accounts remain.......smh.....

Edited by Styro

36 minutes ago, Styro said:

I don't think he sounds at all like a  "hothead". In fact, I take more from what he said and others that posted similar responses, on this website and others, than the responses here that sound like they're coming from the DG Bullets owner with multiple user accounts.

If you go on YouTube, ALL the negative review videos about bullet companies have mysteriously DISAPPEARED. Only the ones with good praise that sound like the bullet company owners with multiple YouTube accounts remain.......smh.....

I don’t know why I should have to wait in excess of a week to hear from DG... like people have suggested . people settle too easily with companies these days. As a consumer, I have many many many options. DG failed and I let them know and they never called back. End of story imo. So...I pass all this along. I’m glad you agree.

Edited by CZGeoege

55 minutes ago, Styro said:

I'll take your word on the youtube experience.    I don't spend enough time there to discern the disappearance of reviews. 

I'm just looking for a few sources of coated/cast bullets until I can get up and running casting & powder coating  my own.  

8 hours ago, AdamM said:

Leading like that is almost always caused by a bullet that is undersized compared to the barrel. The first thing you need to do is slug the barrel and measure the bullet. Until you do that, anything else is pointless.

For every 9mm CZ barrel that I've slugged, they are all oversized and require a wider bullet. When I switched to 0.357 bullets, all my leading problems went away.

So, I’m glad you mentioned this. I have made several thousand home cast bullets sized to .401 and applied harbor freight powder coating. No issues at all, very clean barrel. I’ve used blue bullets sized at .400, same thing no lead and very clean blue barrel. So on to DG, they are size .401 in diameter, my belief is that the hitek coating is not doing it’s job. I have a friend who bought some DG bullets in 9mm ( 135gr RN ) and when he opened the box , the packaged bullets looked like the coating flaked off, the bullets had a very shallow green color to them, nothing like the deep green that the bullets usually look like. I’m not sure if he called them or even used the bullets. I’ll follow up on this.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:03 AM, CZGeoege said:

Update, DG still hasn’t called me back.

No surprise ^ ...... by the way, that company owner says "DG" stands for "Damn Good" haha

Edited by Styro

• 3 months later...

On a different note:  try lubing your barrel with Weapon Shield CLP.  A friend shooting lubed lead bullets for bullseye complained that his barrel leaded up badly.  I told him about this oil.  He tried some and told me it completely eliminated the leading.  If the coating on your DG bullets is this, this will help.

You might try shooting a hundred or so of jacketed or heavy plated through your barrel.  That will smooth out any rough spots.  I had occasion to throat one of my 9mm barrels.  I did it with a brand new chamber reamer.  When I went to the range to shoot it I was astounded by how much smoke was generated with two types of coatings. It was black powder thick.  I also had leading.  The culprit was the razor sharp edges of the lands I had cut.  Firing 200 heavy plate cured that, and the smoke from poly coated returned to normal.