Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely E2 grip texture, which?

nxfedlt1

Between the standard and the aggressive, have you all had one preference over the other? Extra aggessive is definitely out. Id rather not have to order both, but no one around me has one to try.  Thanks. 

Edited by nxfedlt1

I have the standard and still had to tone it down a bit. That being said, everyone is different. That's why there are options.  Steel grips are not cheap, you should try them out on someone else's gun before you make a decision to buy. It would suck to spend $650+ on a grip you find that you don't like.

Edited by BlindAsABat

I suspect the most popular is the aggressive mainly because of Phoenix Trinity making that grip style popular. I have used the regular texture and I like it. It’s definitely grippy enough in my opinion if you’re squeezing hard enough. It won’t rip up your hands. That being said, I have two open guns being built right now with the aggressive grip. Why? I feel it will be more grippy at those times where my grip is not the best/strongest. My wife chose the standard because she doesn’t want her hands ripped up.

8 hours ago, Sarge said:

The standard CHEELY grip with the zigzag pattern is plenty grippy 

Agreed.  The gun does not move in my hands with the standard grip, even in August, and I don't have a lot of grip strength.

59 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Standard if you are going to shoot it.  Aggressive for looking at or shredding cheese......

LOL.  Two of my shooting buddies call my standard e2 a cheese grater.

4 hours ago, WaynePatrick said:

I’d buy if they offered poly. I’m not at all interested in aluminum or stainless steel. 
to cold, to hot vs poly. 

If it gets too cold for you just put two hand warmers up the magwell.  Just remember to remove before loading.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, Sarge said:

The standard CHEELY grip with the zigzag pattern is plenty grippy 

Agreed. I don't like the PT style pointy checkering at all. I have soft office worker hands.