Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Major In A Glock 35

Bill Rosenthal

Hi Bill and welcome to the forum.

I use a 180 Zero under 4.7 grains of Titegroup - but that's out of a Glock 22. I get about a 171-173 PF depending on the chrono. I may drop the charge, but I hate changing loads . . . Titegroup seems to be a popular powder for 40 major.

You can back off a few grains with the Glock 35 - about 4.3-4.4 grains should get you there with Titegroup.

I've never tried Universal Clays, but do a search. You should find a lot of info on a 40 major load for Glocks.

Edited by chp5

Dang it. Every time Cy posts his 4.7g of TG load I feel the need to post that I don't need anywhere near that much to make Major in my Glock(s). (hmmm, I haven tried the new G22 yet)

TiteGroup and Zero 180's (jacketed) at 1.135 OAL. I'd suggest working up to a load around 4.0-4.2g

• 3 weeks later...
I agree, I use 4.3 gr of titegroup thru kkm precision barrel, precision delta 180 gr. OAL 1.135. shooting g35, makes major. Hopes this helps

newbie here,

with that kind of load(major) what spring should I use for G35?

what pounds?

Look around in the Springs forum and especially the Glock forum, much discussion.

Quick answer is try a 15lb recoil spring & see if it functions. Then shoot stronghand only and weakhand only. If your gun chokes shooting weakhand, try a 14 or 13lb spring.

If you let a friend or family member shoot that gun, they need to try the onehand shooting for themself - might need a different spring than you.

Look around in the Springs forum and especially the Glock forum, much discussion.

Quick answer is try a 15lb recoil spring & see if it functions. Then shoot stronghand only and weakhand only. If your gun chokes shooting weakhand, try a 14 or 13lb spring.

If you let a friend or family member shoot that gun, they need to try the onehand shooting for themself - might need a different spring than you.

THANKS dude! :)

I agree, I use 4.3 gr of titegroup thru kkm precision barrel, precision delta 180 gr. OAL 1.135. shooting g35, makes major. Hopes this helps

newbie here,

what pounds?

its a major uspsa load. I use a 15lb ISMI recoil spring with an ISMI captured guide rod. runs great. I have used lighter springs but they wouldn't work reliably. But try different springs, they are cheap. hope that helps

newbie here,

what pounds?

its a major uspsa load. I use a 15lb ISMI recoil spring with an ISMI captured guide rod. runs great. I have used lighter springs but they wouldn't work reliably. But try different springs, they are cheap. hope that helps

hope you dont mind,

what is a "captured guide rod" is there any difference between the stock guide rod?

:huh:

The stock glock rod is a captured guiderod. There are after market guiderods, usually made out of steel or tungsten, that don't hold the spring in when the rod is out of the gun.There are both captured and un-captured after market guiderods designed for the glock. Some people make the stock guiderod un-captured so that they can customize spring rates.

The stock glock rod is a captured guiderod. There are after market guiderods, usually made out of steel or tungsten, that don't hold the spring in when the rod is out of the gun.There are both captured and un-captured after market guiderods designed for the glock. Some people make the stock guiderod un-captured so that they can customize spring rates.

THANKS again! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to butt in I was just wondering what is the stock OAL in factory stuff for the 40? Im getting in to reloading soon and trying to find a good load for my 23 for major. Due ya think this might be a good load to start off on for me? "" 4.3 gr of TG and any brand of 180 makes Major out of both of my G35s. I load to a 1.125" OAL."" (Joe D) I see that min OAL 1.095 to max OAL 1.135 is the 40 listings So will the Glock barrel take the min to the max, or is the max OAL for it less?

Edited by WildWest N AZ

You probably shouldn't start off trying to load to Major, especially in 40.

If you have a Glock 23, I'd suggest shooting it in Production to start off with. Load to Minor power factor, instead of Major. (everybody shoots Minor in Production)

180's

3.6g of TiteGroup

@ 1.135 OAL

Unless you are on a SDB, skip the Dillon dies and get a Lee 4-die set ...which includes the FCD (Factory Crimp Die). A lot cheaper as well.