Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor HD gen 3 1-10x24

ClintMorris

Yeah a guy on the FB Optics Buy Sell Trade page went into full clown mode and posted a screen shot of the release email from Vortex with pricing structure.

dealer $1600

MAP $2000

MSRP $2800 (I think this is the correct msrp can’t remember this number as vivid as the first two and the post has disappeared) 

1 hour ago, Robertwil18 said:

This must be what the Trijicon offering they are "teasing" is going to be also.

I'm definitely intrigued as Vortex is solid!

I saw that they teased something for the 8th. Are you thinking it’ll be a 1-10 as well?

and yes if vortex can make the 1-8 and 1-10 eyebox issues go away then they’ll really be onto something. I think the 1-6 is the sweet spot for now. 

1 hour ago, ClintMorris said:

I saw that they teased something for the 8th. Are you thinking it’ll be a 1-10 as well?

and yes if vortex can make the 1-8 and 1-10 eyebox issues go away then they’ll really be onto something. I think the 1-6 is the sweet spot for now. 

Would be nice if they can fix those issues. I have the 1-8 now and it's manageable, but has the potential to be so much better.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:27 PM, Hawk21 said:

Yeah a guy on the FB Optics Buy Sell Trade page went into full clown mode and posted a screen shot of the release email from Vortex with pricing structure.

dealer $1600

MAP $2000

MSRP $2800 (I think this is the correct msrp can’t remember this number as vivid as the first two and the post has disappeared) 

Appreciated.

4 hours ago, HIREDgun45 said:

March is also releasing their F1 1-10X FFP Shorty.  ClintMorris, if you are going to SHOT can you check this out and let us know what you think of it?  Thanks!

Oh really? I didn’t know that. I’ve recently talked with a friend who was sof and had experience with their 1-10 and said the edge to edge clarity was lacking and had much to be desired. I personally have never looked through one but will try to get by their booth and check them out. 

I did look at the new trijicon credo hx 1-8 last weekend and it seemed very nice. Good glass, red and green illumination, exposed locking turrets. And they were only selling for like 1199 at the show I believe

The problem with March is that their warranty is only good for 5 years and there isn’t a consistent person to send it to for repair. They have had at least 3 US distributors. They used to say that their warranty was 5 years due to law but they would cover anything. When the illumination went they wouldn’t even talk to me without the receipt showing the date.

I like the spf March 1-10 but the company leaves a lot to be desired. Especially compared to Vortex.

4 hours ago, 1time said:

The problem with March is that their warranty is only good for 5 years and there isn’t a consistent person to send it to for repair. They have had at least 3 US distributors. They used to say that their warranty was 5 years due to law but they would cover anything. When the illumination went they wouldn’t even talk to me without the receipt showing the date.

I like the spf March 1-10 but the company leaves a lot to be desired. Especially compared to Vortex.

Thanks for the info, that is especially important to me if I am going to drop 2k on an optic. You would think that they would get with the times and offer lifetime warranties like the majority of optics companies do.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:45 PM, Stuey said:

They look nice, but hard to justify the price of 2k. Little pricey for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by more than one professional and a few scope people. There's no sense in paying that much for a low Power Scope. You don't get nothing in return. I use a Burris Mtac 1-4 out to 400 yards no problem. I suppose a 1 to 6 would be nice though

11 hours ago, 1time said:

Good to know, thanks!

6 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

I was told by more than one professional and a few scope people. There's no sense in paying that much for a low Power Scope. You don't get nothing in return. I use a Burris Mtac 1-4 out to 400 yards no problem. I suppose a 1 to 6 would be nice though

I guess it boils down to it will be worth it to some and not to others.  Clearer glass, FFP, day time bright dot, tracking, eye box, weight, etc are things you might not find in a lower end optic.  

On 1/16/2020 at 7:24 AM, usmc1974 said:

Thats kinda like saying there's no sense in buying a Ferrari when a Honda will get you to work. If the market justifies its existence then clearly it makes sense to a lot of people.

11 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Thats kinda like saying there's no sense in buying a Ferrari when a Honda will get you to work. If the market justifies its existence then clearly it makes sense to a lot of people.

Okay, if you say so Tony!

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 7:23 PM, TonytheTiger said:

This is a true statement for any thing you can think of.  If there isn’t a point to something, outside of the government, it will cease to exist.  

• 3 weeks later...