Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winter Shoes

Racinready300ex

Have you tried wearing wool socks? I've got a nice pair of wool snowboarding socks that are actually pretty thin, I bet they wouldn't make your current shoes fit any tighter, I think the brand is smart wool. I'd wear my normal shoes with those if it's just cold. But if it's wet and mucky, I think work boots would be the best

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Salomon x ultra 3. They come in low top, high top and wide versions. Water proof as well. Great light weight hiking shoes that are easy to run in. 

https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/product/x-ultra-3-gtxr.html#color=18045

I were thin wool socks in the summer and thicker ones in the winter. Wool still keeps its insulation value when wet! I like  Smart wool socks but I like Darn Tuff socks better.  Darn thought have a life time warranty and a little more comfortable for me.

1 hour ago, nhyrum said:

Have you tried wearing wool socks? I've got a nice pair of wool snowboarding socks that are actually pretty thin, I bet they wouldn't make your current shoes fit any tighter, I think the brand is smart wool. I'd wear my normal shoes with those if it's just cold. But if it's wet and mucky, I think work boots would be the best

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I had not considered that. Thanks

12 hours ago, jeremy kemlo said:

Salomon x ultra 3. They come in low top, high top and wide versions. Water proof as well. Great light weight hiking shoes that are easy to run in. 

https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/product/x-ultra-3-gtxr.html#color=18045

I were thin wool socks in the summer and thicker ones in the winter. Wool still keeps its insulation value when wet! I like  Smart wool socks but I like Darn Tuff socks better.  Darn thought have a life time warranty and a little more comfortable for me.

+1 on the Darn Toughs. I have several pairs, and plan to buy nothing else going forward. Absolutely the bomb.
If your feet are staying dry enough, I'd just run normal competition shoes with a set of good wool socks.

I can't wear wool. even smart wool sox.  I have a bunch that go unused.  Apr thru Dec I wear my running shoes.  Jan thru Mar I wear my Goretex lined backpacking boots.  The bays are always a mess then, so I want high ankle waterproof.  If it snows before the Dec match, I wear boots.

• 2 weeks later...