Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

51 minutes ago, ColoradoNick said:

oh I know I was agreeing with you. Why make aftermarket parts for a gun that's not available. They're becoming more available now though, at least locally to me. So far in comparison to a Staccato the DWX seems to get high marks. Especially from the crowd coming from the Shadow 2. 

I have noticed the same thing on some FB forums regarding it being superior to Staccato per some people. Can't wait to get mine in my hands. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/6/2023 at 7:29 PM, Drell said:

Yeah I had to cut the grips down to fit. I really like the OEM grips so wanted to try and make them work. Had a friend make the thumb rest. Still working out the details on it. Doesn’t slide lock and not sure the angle is right. Once we get it worked out he is gonna start selling them on his website.

Nice. What did you end up doing for a holster? Seems you would have to hack up an existing holster to fit the thumbshelf.

Anyone able to post a pic of the Compact with a full length mag? Either the OEM 19 round, or even better, a 140mm mag? Thanks!

Also, does the DWX have an over insertion stop or do the mag lips slam up into the ejector?

Edited by ClangClang

Made the mistake tonight of comparing my DWX to a TitanRDS… damn. 

I also put 200 rounds through the DWX. I shot it really well but this safety is super irritating. I think I need to completely change up my grip. Draw speed was 1.2-1.3 at 15 yards which is about average for me but I had a problem engaging the safety with my support hand in the middle of a string of fire, or even missing the safety on the draw and not disengaging it. Pretty frustrating in comparison to the Atlas 🤣

17 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Anyone able to post a pic of the Compact with a full length mag? Either the OEM 19 round, or even better, a 140mm mag? Thanks!

Also, does the DWX have an over insertion stop or do the mag lips slam up into the ejector?

No, my ejector was bent upwards the first time I used p-10f mags. They are the same as the DWX mags but with plastic baseplates. The plastic baseplates sit slightly lower and allow the magazine to contact the ejector if it gets passed the mag release. The mag release is very strong but apparently my slide back reload during competition was enough to get passed it. With the DWX aluminum baseplates, the mags do not reach the ejector even with the mag catch depressed. So be forewarned about using p-10f magazines. CZ told me the ejector is proprietary and they couldn’t sell or send me one. I had to send it in. 

2 hours ago, mynamejeff said:

No, my ejector was bent upwards the first time I used p-10f mags. They are the same as the DWX mags but with plastic baseplates. The plastic baseplates sit slightly lower and allow the magazine to contact the ejector if it gets passed the mag release. The mag release is very strong but apparently my slide back reload during competition was enough to get passed it. With the DWX aluminum baseplates, the mags do not reach the ejector even with the mag catch depressed. So be forewarned about using p-10f magazines. CZ told me the ejector is proprietary and they couldn’t sell or send me one. I had to send it in. 

Are y'all talking about the same thing?

He was asking about the DWX Compact with full length mags. The compact uses 75C magazines, the full-size uses the P-10F magazines. 

3 hours ago, mynamejeff said:

Was that the P10F with DWX Compact or Full Size?

19 hours ago, moose97 said:

What thumb rest did you use?

It was mentioned in an earlier post. "Had a friend make the thumb rest. Still working out the details on it. Doesn’t slide lock and not sure the angle is right. Once we get it worked out he is gonna start selling them on his website."

3 minutes ago, DougCarden said:

Also the DWX compact pistols take the P-10C 15 round mags or the +2 17 round mags.

No, you're backwards. The DWX Compact uses CZ75 pattern mags (like the P-01, PCR, Shadow, SP01, etc). 

Only the DWX full size uses P10 magazines. 

Edited by ClangClang

5 hours ago, mynamejeff said:

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming you've got a Full Size. I'm asking about the Compact but I think it's a pretty safe bet that they'll both have the same vulnerability of the ejector bending from a hard reload when using any magazine that's longer than the grip and insertion is not stopped by the mag baseplate.

3 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming you've got a Full Size. I'm asking about the Compact but I think it's a pretty safe bet that they'll both have the same vulnerability of the ejector bending from a hard reload when using any magazine that's longer than the grip and insertion is not stopped by the mag baseplate.

Yes, mine is the full size. Sorry just read your second paragraph. Either way take the slide off and check for yourself just to be safe. Kinda ticks me off that they say it's compatible with P-10F mags, which isn't exactly true.

On 8/15/2023 at 3:28 AM, 1911vm said:

Well over 15 years ago  I honestly don't remember why maybe I could not find the one I wanted or it was taking to long to come in don't know . I took a small safety  added JB weld to it about a 1/4 in when it was hard filed it shaped it spray painted and ran that thing for a long time nobody ever questioned it.  I sold the gun but removed the safety .I wish I could find it. will continue looking to post pictures.  Funny memory 

I was actually thinking about trying that exact thing on an extra safety. 

4 minutes ago, Seakphotog said:

I was actually thinking about trying that exact thing on an extra safety. 

I am going to order another trigger to fit me better and an extra safety to do this as well. 

8 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I am going to order another trigger to fit me better and an extra safety to do this as well. 

Has anyone ordered a safety from the dan wesson site? Im guessing its both sides? The image is only the right. 

in regards to the trigger, it looks like the ones you can order from them have the tabs on the bow to adjust pretravel. The trigger bow that came in my gun doesn’t have these adjustment tabs… kinda weird?

Edited by ColoradoNick

4 minutes ago, ColoradoNick said:

Has anyone ordered a safety from the dan wesson site? Im guessing its both sides? The image is only the right. 

in regards to the trigger, it looks like the ones you can order from them have the tabs on the bow to adjust pretravel. The trigger bow that came in my gun doesn’t have these adjustment tabs… kinda weird?

I was told that the safeties on the site are ambi. Sure hope so. 

On 7/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, benlineberry said:

For SRO machining, I'm considering Primary Machine or Vulcan Machine werks. Has anyone used either?

UPDATE

I received my slide back from Primary Machine and couldn't be happier. Excellent work and didn't refinish the slide.

image.thumb.jpeg.e7d4e58ef1edaf5720b4637a0598360b.jpeg

On 7/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, benlineberry said:

For SRO machining, I'm considering Primary Machine or Vulcan Machine werks. Has anyone used either?

UPDATE

I received my slide back from Primary Machine and couldn't be happier. Excellent work and didn't refinish the slide.

image.thumb.jpeg.e7d4e58ef1edaf5720b4637a0598360b.jpeg