Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new online scsa RO module

mchapman

Well, I just went through this course and passed it, but I think that there are still issues with it. It is set up just like testing  for RO's in uspsa with the exception that with the organization being to cheap to provide printed rule books they expect you to download it to your phone or something. USPSA does have the app to download, I can't find anything to down load the "NEW" steel challenge rule book to any type of phone or tablet, maybe it's beyond me.

The next thing is that I question some of there grading or marking questions right or wrong, case in point question is it ok to use a suppressor in PCC, I answered no and cite rule # A4.1 that is wrong according to them, they say the correct rule is H9. I think this is one of the times multiple rules  answer the question. 

The next is  more than likely my fault when entering a rule such as H9.5 is marked wrong when they want H9 5,

AND while I'm at it they will give you a letter so that you can go get 2 copies of uspsa and scsa rule books printed professionally , jeez quit changing the rules so much and just print us the rule books to be included with our membership.

Edited by mchapman

I did it as well. I didn't have any issues. Rulebook saved as PDF to my phone with no problems. 

And while A4.1 is a correct answer, your fastest reference is going to be H9 10. Most people aren't going to dig through the rulebook when they can go to the specific division appendix. 

45 minutes ago, MikeRussell said:

I did it as well. I didn't have any issues. Rulebook saved as PDF to my phone with no problems. 

And while A4.1 is a correct answer, your fastest reference is going to be H9 10. Most people aren't going to dig through the rulebook when they can go to the specific division appendix. 

And just how did you  get or find the link to download the pdf file?

1 hour ago, mchapman said:

And just how did you  get or find the link to download the pdf file?

Went to the site in my phone's browser

click the icon on the top right which brings up the menu

click on rules

click on 2019 Steel Challenge rules

the rules pull up as a PDF 

look in the top right corner for a symbol that looks like  >>  and click it

the option to download it will appear (along with a lot of other options)

I also was SCSA certified today (10/11/19) and found a different problem.  For the question regarding "All SCSA Stages are all set so that the tops of the plates are level from plate to plate when viewed from the shooting box", the correct answer was "False" as Pendulum immediately jumps to mind. 

I checked "False".  The scoring and review indicated that was wrong and the correct answer was "False".  WTF??  

Did a screen shot of the green check marked "False" answer and the "you are wrong" review and sent it to Troy.  Hopefully it gets addressed before that one "wrong" answer flunks someone out.

Cheers,

BC

Edited by BillChunn

1 hour ago, UFO said:

Passed! 98%   49/50 

Missed #20 5.2.2 was the correct answer, I put 3.1, I think that should also be acceptable.

What was the question? every test is different, they are supposed to be randomly generated for each test.

15 hours ago, mchapman said:

What was the question? every test is different, they are supposed to be randomly generated for each test.

Start position for centerfire. Shooter doesn't have a holster, wants to start low ready.