Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I made a thing...hope yall enjoy

AverageJoeShooting

I’m going to bag on your setup just a bit, and point out that my carry optics gun (obviously setup without a comp) has less muzzle flip than this thing. I’ve never seen an open gun so... non-flat.

...Well. Except for other polymer open guns.

Why do you have the gun tucked so far back toward your face with so much bend in the elbows?  I’ve never seen someone shoot like that.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Why do you have the gun tucked so far back toward your face with so much bend in the elbows?  I’ve never seen someone shoot like that.

old tactic  for fast shooting . the secret is that u need to hold the gun like a bird. not too strong  and not too weak . the results is that 90-100% of hits is A.

8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’m going to bag on your setup just a bit, and point out that my carry optics gun (obviously setup without a comp) has less muzzle flip than this thing. I’ve never seen an open gun so... non-flat.

...Well. Except for other polymer open guns.

It doesnt really recoil much? I have no issues keeping the dot on target. I mean it's no 38sc, but I can definitely feel a differance between the stock version and the comp'd version.

As far as shooting I have no idea. I just put the gun out there and squeeze the trigger

10 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

It doesnt really recoil much? I have no issues keeping the dot on target. I mean it's no 38sc, but I can definitely feel a differance between the stock version and the comp'd version.

It being 9 or 38 is not the point. That gun is nowhere even close to flat. My CO and SS have less muzzle flip than that without a comp. Same as MM said above. And my open guns, well....

I assume you can feel the difference because before you put the comp on you were shooting minor with no comp. 

But by no means is that gun "flat".  Not trying to bust your balls, just making an obvious point from watching the starting of the video. 

The gun coming back on target has nothing to do with if it's flat or not. That is great that it comes back on target. Problem is it looks like it takes forever to come back for a second shot.

Edited by echotango

1 hour ago, echotango said:

It being 9 or 38 is not the point. That gun is nowhere even close to flat. My CO and SS have less muzzle flip than that without a comp. Same as MM said above. And my open guns, well....

I assume you can feel the difference because before you put the comp on you were shooting minor with no comp. 

But by no means is that gun "flat".  Not trying to just your balls, just making an obvious point from watching the starting of the video. 

The gun coming back on target has nothing to do with if it's flat or not. That is great that it comes back on target. Problem is it looks like it takes forever to come back for a second shot.

ok well I appreciate your input. 

52 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I get what they are saying.  You appear to be a pretty good sized dude.  I think you'd be better off extending your arms and gripping the crap out of that pistol.  Take advantage of the gifts you've been given......

I'll try that when I go to the range this week. Thanks!

I'm glad you posted this. take the grief with a grain of salt , all points mentioned are legit.

I have a performance center 9L with an SRO on it and I thought about tricking it out and using it in open too.

I've been talked out of it, no matter what I do to a polymer gun I'd be better off getting something like a CZ Czechmate

if I don't want to drop really big$$$. I appreciate what you've done here and there are some guys on the M&P forums

that have also tricked out their 9L's (although they have added an optic mount so the optic is  no longer on the slide) and do pretty well with them.

I think this would be a fun project but in the end an equal shooter with a real open gun has an unfair advantage over you.

I'd make this the next investment if you want to continue down this road.

frame mount for optc on M&P

The most important factor to shooting open is learning to shoot your gun well, no matter what it is.  

I am still to this day slower running a plate rack with my CK than I was with my Glock 17 open gun running a slide mounted small window dot.   

Edited by chevrofreak

3 hours ago, kmanick said:

I'm glad you posted this. take the grief with a grain of salt , all points mentioned are legit.

I have a performance center 9L with an SRO on it and I thought about tricking it out and using it in open too.

I've been talked out of it, no matter what I do to a polymer gun I'd be better off getting something like a CZ Czechmate

if I don't want to drop really big$$$. I appreciate what you've done here and there are some guys on the M&P forums

that have also tricked out their 9L's (although they have added an optic mount so the optic is  no longer on the slide) and do pretty well with them.

I think this would be a fun project but in the end an equal shooter with a real open gun has an unfair advantage over you.

I'd make this the next investment if you want to continue down this road.

frame mount for optc on M&P

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words!

Are those frame mounts drilled and tapped or do they fit on the front rail where flashlights normally go?

3 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

The most important factor to shooting open is learning to shoot your gun well, no matter what it is.  

I am still to this day slower running a plate rack with my CK than I was with my Glock 17 open gun running a slide mounted small window dot.   

Absolutely right. Practice is what makes the shooter!

On 9/21/2019 at 10:31 AM, RangerTrace said:

I get what they are saying.  You appear to be a pretty good sized dude.  I think you'd be better off extending your arms and gripping the crap out of that pistol.  Take advantage of the gifts you've been given......

Problem "Big" Guys often have is that the chest gets in the way of properly extending the arms and keeping them together on the grip of a pistol.  Arms are squeezing the chest and the chest is pushing the arms out and it make things not only uncomfortable but very inconsistent.

8 hours ago, Dranoel said:

Problem "Big" Guys often have is that the chest gets in the way of properly extending the arms and keeping them together on the grip of a pistol.  Arms are squeezing the chest and the chest is pushing the arms out and it make things not only uncomfortable but very inconsistent.

My wife was using that same excuse last night at Top Golf!!