Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 510C Riser..?

Have a Holosun 510C on the way... just wondering if the stock height is good to go,  or should I order the riser they make to bring it to a lower 3rd type height..? Wondering what others prefer..?

Thanks.

Funny this post came up. I just came to the realization at my last match this weekend that I needed to at least try one. Great hits but slow to see the dot when mounting the gun, feel like I had to mash my cheek into the stock to get the a comfortable sight line. I checked all my other red dots on my AR's and they are all 1/3 co-witness. I ordered through a vendor on EBAY at the last stage of the day, should be here by the weekend.

9 minutes ago, Boxerglocker said:

I checked all my other red dots on my AR's and they are all 1/3 co-witness.

I was thinking the same exact thing... all the AR’s I run are at that height or whatever height the Aero Precision ultralight SPR mounts ride with LPVO’s....

Primary Arms has them, and for less than $20 shipped, I’ll just see for myself I guess...

I added the riser on 2 of my 510C GR sights mounted on 15-22's. I was finding that too often when I shouldered the rifle that the reticle was a little high in the glass. I could either fix me or the sights, I went with the sights. 🙂

As mentioned, Primary Arms has the best deal and cheap shipping.

Got my 510c-gr and shot 100rds with the height as it comes just to play with it... I could live with it as-is for sure, but it didn’t feel as “relaxed” to mount the gun, and felt like maybe I was lowering my head a bit wonky to line things up, didn’t even bother zeroing it, think the riser will be the ticket...

23 minutes ago, ck1 said:

I could live with it as-is for sure, but it didn’t feel as “relaxed” to mount the gun, and felt like maybe I was lowering my head a bit wonky to line things up... 

That's exactly how I feel... I've been running dry fire drills from low ready and stock on belt. I feel like I have to push my face into the stock to get the reticle in the center of the glass. 

I also run the holsun 1/4" (i think) riser and a magpul stock with cheek riser. Causes a little more POI offset a short ranges but pays off by feeling more natural. It also puts the sight at the same height as on my competition AR in 223 where I run the same stock setup and a LPVO. So that helps too since I currently spend a lot more time behind the PCC.

Got my riser today. Proceeded to install it with purple loctite and torqued all the screws to 15 inch pounds. Remounted and did a few dry fire drills. Amazing how much of a difference that 0.217 inches of extra height can make! I can actually shoulder and immediately see the dot in the middle of the glass, no need to push my face into the cheek rest or crank my neck down to search for it. I'll rezero tomorrow and do some live fire presentation drills. 

37 minutes ago, Boxerglocker said:

Got my riser today. Proceeded to install it with purple loctite and torqued all the screws to 15 inch pounds. Remounted and did a few dry fire drills. Amazing how much of a difference that 0.217 inches of extra height can make! I can actually shoulder and immediately see the dot in the middle of the glass, no need to push my face into the cheek rest or crank my neck down to search for it. I'll rezero tomorrow and do some live fire presentation drills. 

Which one did you get?

1 hour ago, Boxerglocker said:

Cool 😎 Mine shows up Monday hopefully...

Edited by ck1
Shows not shoes IPhone

Just thinking it’s kind of weird Holosun just doesn’t include the riser for $10-20 more, every other T-1 type Holosun comes with a mount at lower 3rd type height... then there wouldn’t have to be any posts wondering about it lol!

5 hours ago, Ner said:

Got a neck pain after 200 rounds..so i have already ordered that thing too :) 

I've suffered from pinch nerves in my C3-C5 over the last couple years. Chiropractic treatment has helped alleviate it but I'm sensitive to over extending my neck and like you stated fatigue doing so after a couple of hundred rounds causes the same neck pain. This riser will make a huge difference for me for that and speed gained in seeing the dot.

Ran and zeroed with the riser on my Holosun HE510C-GR today (MPX 3rd Gen PCC)... No contest, WAY better for me with the riser! Seems so much easier and more natural to mount the gun for me.

Again, IDK why Holosun just doesn't include the riser with the units..?