Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PCC needs help

Along with the Taccom REAR sight replacement rail there is another way to increase the comb height on the Ruger PCC.  Amazon sells a six-pack of 6"x6"x1/4" neoprene pads for about $11.  These can be cut to shape and used to make a comb riser pad that stays securely in place and is adjustable in 1/4" increments.  They work very well and are a lot cheaper than commercial comb riser pads.  Here is a link to these pads: 

https://www.amazon.com/Melife-Stripping-Furniture-Insulation-Anti-Vibration/dp/B07D7T3S2L/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2D2ZRLM9YNJFL&keywords=adhesive+backed+rubber+pad&qid=1562719378&s=gateway&sprefix=Adhesive+backed+rubber%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-5

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 8:18 AM, lgh said:

Drop is low and sight mount too high for a lot of people. You can get a Taccom mount that goes where the front sight is and that will help.

https://www.amazon.com/Taccom-Ruger-Carbine-Sight-Replacement/dp/B07FHYC5R4

Also, low riding optics like a Vortex Venom help. Others will weigh in.

Alas, the Taccom does not fit the new tactical forend Model. Since the tactical model forend will out sell the clunky original by at least 5 to 1, perhaps Tim and his boys will design one for the Tactical version...hint hint. Kirb

13 minutes ago, kar45 said:

Alas, the Taccom does not fit the new tactical forend Model. Since the tactical model forend will out sell the clunky original by at least 5 to 1, perhaps Tim and his boys will design one for the Tactical version...hint hint. Kirb

problem there is that to make it fit these new forearms out there.....it's got to be higher and I am not willing to go down that shopping aisle. We have our own forearm that has been doing well and is lighter than the others. My suggestion it that if you want low.....you will need to mod their hand guards to fit our product.

• 2 weeks later...

I found that the irons are too low and I can't get down on the comb enough to make them useful. My Holosun 510c is mounted to the rail with no riser and is perfect for me.

If I want to shoot irons I've made an adjustment and it works perfect. Only difference is I changed the sights since this picture.9dec55dd8fa474ed39a372ca62dd9acf.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The ULW Handguard for Ruger PC Carbine looks great.   Taccom says it weighs less than 4oz.   net.net replacing the stock forearm with the carbon fiber reduces the weight by how much ?   I don't have a stock forearm to weigh it.

The ULW Handguard for Ruger PC Carbine looks great.   Taccom says it weighs less than 4oz.   net.net replacing the stock forearm with the carbon fiber reduces the weight by how much ?   I don't have a stock forearm to weigh it.
It didn't reduce the weight much. I didn't weight pre and post. What I like is that it is almost the full length of the barrel and surround it for a better grip

49 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

the factory forearm (not tube hand guard) weighs about 8 ounces......so you would be losing 4 ounces with the TACCOM Hand Guard. 

thanks;  coupled with moving the CG of the remaining weight of the total gun back closer to the shooter makes a big improvement;

59 minutes ago, jrdoran said:

@TRUBL   Can your foam hand guard be used on the ruger pcc to save even more?    

The cheek rest is from I.T.C. and you can custom fit it to your needs. You can cut the foam, which comes in three pieces, for a totally custom fit based on the height you need or if you want to put a specific bump or dent in it.

http://itcmarksmanship.com/itc-cheekrest-leather-suede/

19 hours ago, Eltee said:

The cheek rest is from I.T.C. and you can custom fit it to your needs. You can cut the foam, which comes in three pieces, for a totally custom fit based on the height you need or if you want to put a specific bump or dent in it.

http://itcmarksmanship.com/itc-cheekrest-leather-suede/

I'm not refering to the cheek rest;   I'm asking about the foam hand guard.

@TRUBL   Can your foam hand guard be used on the ruger pcc to save even more?  

https://taccom3g.com/product/foam-handguard/

On 8/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, bigdawgbeav said:

I found that the irons are too low and I can't get down on the comb enough to make them useful. My Holosun 510c is mounted to the rail with no riser and is perfect for me.

If I want to shoot irons I've made an adjustment and it works perfect. Only difference is I changed the sights since this picture.9dec55dd8fa474ed39a372ca62dd9acf.jpg

BigDawg how do you like the Tandemcross comp you're running on the Ruger? Thx Kirb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...