Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FM 9 PPC Overview article

When reading the article listed above the bolt unit itself looks to be very well made and reasonably priced. Does anyone have first-hand experience with it working in an ATI 9mm upper or the use of that bolt with a Hiperfire 24c trigger regardless of what receiver it's in?

I have the hybrid lower and have had nothing but issues with the taccom ulw upper. The ramp on the barrel hits the front of the Glock mags. I modified the Glock mags to clear the ramp but the lower has issues retaining the mags as soon as you fire the first round.

I bought an FM Upper-lower kit, and it’s been running great for me. I had a little bit of trouble with buffer tuning, and even though I’m running a Franken-PCC (internals and barrel are all different manufacturers) the owner of FM, Paul, helped me pick the right buffer and spring combo. So in addition to a good product for a good price, the customer support is unbeatable. 

Got one configured as a side-charging 13-inch barreled 'Other', because I wanted to shoot PCC at a match in NY state, and only 'Others' are legal down there and allowed i this particular match....so I use my normal PCC uppers on the FM lower.  Works fine, put in the same Hiperfire trigger, just put the buffer system from my pre-ban in and it feels just the same.  What's nice is that the FM has a last round bolt hold open, as the match in NY only allows 10 rounds per mag so it does come into play.

When not using it for PCC, I match it with a 10.5" (12" with linear comp pinned/welded) for home duty.  Sold the side-charging upper and just put together a regular 'slick-slide' shorty upper.   Makes a great, light closet gun or a truck gun....if I had a truck, LOL!

image.thumb.png.389a830b0873859b73e07c8aa02cba7c.png

FM9b.jpg

Edited by MoRivera

For those with FM uppers/bolts, FM advertises Colt only & Glock only bolts. My understanding was Glock bolts would work in Colt styles, but not the other way. Can anyone confirm this with FM’s Glock bolt? 

Here’s mine! Works great as a truck gun or HD gun. I added a sling to it for when I’m walking around the farm. It’s a blast to shoot and way cheaper than 223. Plus the side charger is pretty cool. Has eaten blazer, wwb, freedom munitions, and Everglades without an issue. 

Don’t use it for pcc match since I have a limcat built one already. 

EA8DE3F6-72CF-43FF-99B1-FC19600C5404.jpeg