Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newb Question. First Tanfoglio

SoFloTanfo

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a Stock II. I found a great Youtube video demonstrating how to clean the upper. I was wondering if there are any videos on this forum on a complete cleaning that include the lower? I'm having trouble finding anything. 

Thanks!

MemphisMechanic has a great video series that is very informative on complete disassembly and reassembly. Although its on a stock 3 but the internals are almost exactly the same as a stock 2. Those videos also teaches you where to polish to get your gun running as smooth as possible. Here's the link to the first one https://youtu.be/2tf_jmfLzq0

I just spray the bottom half with Liquid Wrench, lay on newspapers, watch a movie, scrub with a tooth brush, spray with brake cleaner and lube. 

I also do the ultra sonic cleaner routine at times.

11 hours ago, SoFloTanfo said:

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a Stock II. I found a great Youtube video demonstrating how to clean the upper. I was wondering if there are any videos on this forum on a complete cleaning that include the lower? I'm having trouble finding anything. 

Thanks!

As mentioned, watch my 4 part video series titled “Tanfoglio Tuning” on youtube.

Grab some blue magic polish from Autozone and a dremel, and shine things up for an hour or two while you’re in there. It’ll take about a pound off a stock gun’s trigger - but more importantly it’ll really smooth it out.

The heavy weight of the double action pull on a new gun isn’t the main problem, although 10+ pounds of DA does suck. The main problem is that it’s so gritty it’s impossible to roll the hammer back smoothly. That’s what you’re after.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

32 minutes ago, tdp88 said:

Make sure to get the correct punches and a hypodermic needle for the sear spring, it makes the whole process a lot easier. 

I use a small drill bit to catch the sear spring and lift it into the groove. works like a charm and doesn't make people wonder  about you!  lol.

1 minute ago, johnbu said:

I use a small drill bit to catch the sear spring and lift it into the groove. works like a charm and doesn't make people wonder  about you!  lol.

Haha, yeah my sister is a nurse and looked concerned when I asked her for a needle.

22 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

As mentioned, watch my 4 part video series titled “Tanfoglio Tuning” on youtube.

Grab some blue magic polish from Autozone and a dremel, and shine things up for an hour or two while you’re in there. It’ll take about a pound off a stock gun’s trigger - but more importantly it’ll really smooth it out.

The heavy weight of the double action pull on a new gun isn’t the main problem, although 10+ pounds of DA does suck. The main problem is that it’s so gritty it’s impossible to roll the hammer back smoothly. That’s what you’re after.

VIds are great.

1 hour ago, johnbu said:

Works like a charm and doesn't make people wonder  about you!  lol.

A girl I used to date is the bloodsucker you encounter when you go donate blood. She gave me a fistful (a box of 100 is like $5 to $10) and they have all kinds of uses.

Never knew how handy a box of tiny, hollow, razor sharp disposable picks would be! :D 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, spartacus2002 said:

how does the Blue Magic polishing cream compare to Flitz metal polish?

Results are the same really.....mirror finish.