Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new AKAI Open 2011

Bravo_Victor

48 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

What are you doing with the old Czechmate?  Nice new blaster by the way.  I saw a few of those Akai guns this last weekend ROing the Indiana Section match and they are truly works of art.

Right now the CZ is my dedicated Open steel challenge gun. Not ideal i know but thats all i have until i decide to build one. It will also serve as my backup gun at majors. I’ll forever love the CM. Might even lose the optic and comp and shoot limited steel one day with it. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many shock buffs are you running? Any issues with the barrel locking up when you rack the slide to the rear? I’ve gotta run 3 buffs in my akai. It’s stroked, but bc of the buffs it makes it a non stroked slide bc the barrel locks in the lugs in the slide when I take any buffs out. Seeing if you have the same issue

1 minute ago, Lucreau said:

How many shock buffs are you running? Any issues with the barrel locking up when you rack the slide to the rear? I’ve gotta run 3 buffs in my akai. It’s stroked, but bc of the buffs it makes it a non stroked slide bc the barrel locks in the lugs in the slide when I take any buffs out. Seeing if you have the same issue

I tried running buffs in mine, up to 3 and to ME, it actually felt like the recoil hit harder and the dot jumped more. I then tried 2 and then 1 and recorded all in slowmotion as well and it seems to me no shock buffs worked the best. I had no issues with barrel lock up at all with or without buffs. 

Just now, Bravo_Victor said:

I tried running buffs in mine, up to 3 and to ME, it actually felt like the recoil hit harder and the dot jumped more. I then tried 2 and then 1 and recorded all in slowmotion as well and it seems to me no shock buffs worked the best. I had no issues with barrel lock up at all with or without buffs. 

Yeah 1 or none is really nice. Thanks for the reply, I’ll have to get Shay to re tune when I send it back in for its check up to get it to stop locking up 

• 3 months later...
On 6/17/2019 at 8:08 AM, Bravo_Victor said:

Did ever get your ejecting issue resolved.. I'm having the same issue with mine that I just took delivering on..?? 

2 hours ago, Bravo_Victor said:

Yeah once i put an aftec extractor in, it was fine. 

Thanks.. Glad to hear.. I'm going to have to get one. Did you have to any fitting or did it just drop right in and work.. How many springs did you run?? 

Thanks again 

Edited by Furrly

47 minutes ago, Shmella said:

You guys are having extraction issues on newly delivered guns and are opting to fix yourselves???

Well for me it was maybe 1-2 rounds out of 300ish and with an upright Cmore slideride. Mine wouldnt eject straight out and would get caught in between the mount and the ejection port. I had bought all extra parts before hand and just slapped it in there. Why send it back and wait 3 weeks for a simple fix? 

2 hours ago, Bravo_Victor said:

Well for me it was maybe 1-2 rounds out of 300ish and with an upright Cmore slideride. Mine wouldnt eject straight out and would get caught in between the mount and the ejection port. I had bought all extra parts before hand and just slapped it in there. Why send it back and wait 3 weeks for a simple fix? 

I agree with this. The extractors on these open guns change over time and need to break in. But the Aftec extractors are really high quality and work the extra dollar. It is important to clean the extractor every 1k rounds. Just be careful not to look those super tiny springs that control the extractor tension. Extras are only $5 for 4. 

I've been looking at open guns myself. If you had it to do over would you still go with the Akai or maybe go SVI since the price is the same? Pretty gun though, I think Akai is a good dude from everything I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, af_tt said:

I've been looking at open guns myself. If you had it to do over would you still go with the Akai or maybe go SVI since the price is the same? Pretty gun though, I think Akai is a good dude from everything I've seen.

Not my post, but I would absolutely buy another Akai. Shay has taken care of every issue I have had. I have shot both SV and Akai. I look at it like this SV is a Bentley all the best parts, looks cool, and is top of the line. To me Akai is like F1 its looks cool, is top of the line, but all about pushing performance. Both are high HP machines, but the akai doesnt have all the frills and luxury coatings etc. It has a lot old and new concepts like different comps, stroking, etc. to me more tune-ability always trying to improve. I personally dont care about looks, I want to push performance of the machine. I am sure others will disagree, this is just my personal opinion. 

Not my post, but I would absolutely buy another Akai. Shay has taken care of every issue I have had. I have shot both SV and Akai. I look at it like this SV is a Bentley all the best parts, looks cool, and is top of the line. To me Akai is like F1 its looks cool, is top of the line, but all about pushing performance. Both are high HP machines, but the akai doesnt have all the frills and luxury coatings etc. It has a lot old and new concepts like different comps, stroking, etc. to me more tune-ability always trying to improve. I personally dont care about looks, I want to push performance of the machine. I am sure others will disagree, this is just my personal opinion. 
Thanks for the perspective and vote of confidence! Shay definitely seems more available than the folks at SV. I'll have to get qoute from him as well when I get ready to build.

14 hours ago, af_tt said:

Thanks for the perspective and vote of confidence! Shay definitely seems more available than the folks at SV. I'll have to get qoute from him as well when I get ready to build.

Bought a used Akai then reached out to Shay and within minutes he responded with "send it in we will check it out, if everything is in order we will have it back to you in less than two weeks"

Bought a used SV then reached out to info@sviguns.com and two days later was emailed "this pistol is out of warranty and due to our current back log, we are not offering gunsmithing work at this time"

11 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

Bought a used Akai then reached out to Shay and within minutes he responded with "send it in we will check it out, if everything is in order we will have it back to you in less than two weeks"

Bought a used SV then reached out to info@sviguns.com and two days later was emailed "this pistol is out of warranty and due to our current back log, we are not offering gunsmithing work at this time"

That's unacceptable on their part. Thank you as well for that information. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 5:57 PM, TRPOperator said:

4 out 5 former Akai team shooters would disagree with you 😂😂😂