• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Hiroshi said:

Lots of people have deep pockets to dish out 8 grand for does guns.. I rather save that 8k for my retirement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

My pockets arent deep. At all. I just got off a combat deployment and wanted to use some of that to treat myself to something nice. If im going to do it, im doing to do it right.

on that note for anyone who cares. Shot my first match with it today and it was a disaster. Under match pressure when i grip the gun, the extended mag release causes me to press it accidentally while shooting...alot. Guess i gotta get a shorter one. Also the safety paddle is too big for my liking, after reloads when go to put my thumb back up, sometimes i reengage the safety. Going to have to grind that down. Also id say maybe 6-7 rounds out 200, the ejector ejects the spent case up instead of sideways, hits my cmore and jams into the chamber. Trial and error i guess. Aside from that the gun runs as intended.  

38 minutes ago, Bravo_Victor said:

on that note for anyone who cares. Shot my first match with it today and it was a disaster. Under match pressure when i grip the gun, the extended mag release causes me to press it accidentally while shooting...alot. Guess i gotta get a shorter one. Also the safety paddle is too big for my liking, after reloads when go to put my thumb back up, sometimes i reengage the safety. Going to have to grind that down. Also id say maybe 6-7 rounds out 200, the ejector ejects the spent case up instead of sideways, hits my cmore and jams into the chamber. Trial and error i guess. Aside from that the gun runs as intended.  

Mine did the same, switch to an Aftec and adjusting the ejector solved the problem.
I also had the same problem with the mag release so that had to go.

1 hour ago, Hiroshi said:

Lots of people have deep pockets to dish out 8 grand for does guns.. I rather save that 8k for my retirement.

Don't be a hater!! To each his own. 

27 minutes ago, TONY BARONE said:

For that kind of money I would want a gun that runs 100 percent unless your mags and bullets are to blame. Plenty of top shooters run those guns trouble free.

Gun runs fine. Most of it is personal preference and since i ran a Czechmate as my first open gun i dont know exactly what i want in terms of safetys, mag releases, etc so he put in whatever based off what i described my hand size to be.  As far as the ejecting and extracting goes, its most likey to be fixed with an aftec extractor. Plenty of guys i know had the same issue in all their guns until they put the aftec in. Mine came with a standard one which is surprising but i have an aftec on the way. Out of the box it runs perfectly fine besides said above which isnt a huge deal. 

Nice pistol

Thanks for your service and the gun is a well deserved bonus!

Lots of getting used to stuff with a new open gun, you'll get it all sorted out shortly I'm sure.

Glad you're home safe!

Be blessed!

9 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Nice pistol

Thanks for your service and the gun is a well deserved bonus!

Lots of getting used to stuff with a new open gun, you'll get it all sorted out shortly I'm sure.

Glad you're home safe!

Be blessed!

Thank you. And its taking alot to get used to. I have to unlearn everything i did with the CZ ive been doing for the past 2 years lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 4:31 PM, Bravo_Victor said:

Thank you. And its taking alot to get used to. I have to unlearn everything i did with the CZ ive been doing for the past 2 years lol

what load are you running 

On 5/26/2019 at 7:31 PM, Bravo_Victor said:

Can you elaborate on this a little?  I plan on moving from a CM to a 2011 in the future and I'm curious.

12 minutes ago, clw42 said:

Can you elaborate on this a little?  I plan on moving from a CM to a 2011 in the future and I'm curious.

It’s just a completely different format. That muscle memory you built wont be there. I spent a couple years with a CM and the first time i went to draw the 2011, i completely missed. My relaxed draw, surrender draw, the way i hold the gun took some time to get used to, especially the safety, mag release, and thumb rest. But rest assured with some dry fire practice and a few matches, i was back on my game in a few weeks. Also my 2011 is WAY heavier than my CM so that makes a difference. All that of course is my own experience with the switch. Most guns dont require me to get used to it but different open guns do. 

EDIT: i actually had to reshape my safety as i could not deal with the massive thumb rest safety, in more ways than ine. I had to get a shorter mag release bc my support hand would press it and drop the mag. I also needed a paddle for mag release bc my short ass thumbs required me to flip the gun more than i liked. After all that my gun is perfect for me. 

Edited by Bravo_Victor

22 minutes ago, Bravo_Victor said:

It’s just a completely different format. That muscle memory you built wont be there. I spent a couple years with a CM and the first time i went to draw the 2011, i completely missed. My relaxed draw, surrender draw, the way i hold the gun took some time to get used to, especially the safety, mag release, and thumb rest. But rest assured with some dry fire practice and a few matches, i was back on my game in a few weeks. Also my 2011 is WAY heavier than my CM so that makes a difference. All that of course is my own experience with the switch. Most guns dont require me to get used to it but different open guns do. 

EDIT: i actually had to reshape my safety as i could not deal with the massive thumb rest safety, in more ways than ine. I had to get a shorter mag release bc my support hand would press it and drop the mag. I also needed a paddle for mag release bc my short ass thumbs required me to flip the gun more than i liked. After all that my gun is perfect for me. 

Awesome, thanks!!  Safety and mag release are two of my bigger concerns as well.

4 hours ago, clw42 said:

Awesome, thanks!!  Safety and mag release are two of my bigger concerns as well.

If you arent too sure about a big safety, get a small one bc 2011 safeties are fitted, unlike the CZ where you can just swap them in and out. Mag release you can just swap out easily, just dont get an extended if you have a firm grip. 

On 5/26/2019 at 4:59 PM, Hiroshi said:

Its just money. Cant take it with you when ya die. Id rather have some fun now while my dick is still functional.

1 hour ago, Bravo_Victor said:

If you arent too sure about a big safety, get a small one bc 2011 safeties are fitted, unlike the CZ where you can just swap them in and out. Mag release you can just swap out easily, just dont get an extended if you have a firm grip. 

Okay, thanks for the tip!!

3 hours ago, devilsdenguns said:

the lighting is a lot better in this pic. Looks awesome. even though new open guns are the best, youll always get another one eventually haha! Reminds me of that meme. 

33bo27.jpg

Well hopefully with the majors coming up I can win me some credits from their contingency program towards a back up gun, or possibly a steel gun. 

3 hours ago, devilsdenguns said:

Its just money. Cant take it with you when ya die. Id rather have some fun now while my dick is still functional.

Yeah no kidding. Someones always got some s#!t to say. Im not made of money and this came from deployment money so i wanted to treat myself nicely. While i do put money into my pension, i live in the present since im only 31. People have a tendency of dying within 5 years after retirment in my profession so i want to live a good life while i have it bc who knows what will happen. I also prob wont be shooting Open when im 60, and will probably be slow and fat haha.