Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Sig Romeo3 MAX coming soon.

gunner01

Sig is evidently coming out with a new red dot optic Romeo3 Max worked on by Max Michel.  Saw a teaser on facebook today posted by Max Michel.  Looks pretty interesting, has a huge window along the lines of a C-more.  Start saving your nickels.

Quote from Max's post "Sneak peek!... Here it is, the Romeo3MAX from SIG SAUER Sig Sauer Electro-Optics . Still some work to be done but you guys have been asking to see it so I thought I would show a little bit about it. I’m extremely proud to have played a role in the development of this Optic and I truly feel this will be the Optic of choice by many this summer and beyond. Big thanks to SIG for allowing me to bring this to our industry! More details to follow soon and estimated ship date of July."

If I can figure out how to post a link to the facebook post I will.

The video shows the prototype and it has a big window with a very minimal but strong looking case around the window. Very unobstructed view.  Suggested for use on pistols and PCC's.  No frills, no auto on, no auto brightness, no solar power, no built in bottle opener,  but looks pretty rugged.

Any word on what type of mounting footprint this will use?

It would be really nice if the industry standardized on a couple of footprints for MRDS.  RMR type for compacts and DPP for larger competition optics, for instance. 

Hope it's brighter on a sunny day than the Romeo 1.

1 hour ago, Ontos said:

It would be really nice if the industry standardized on a couple of footprints for MRDS.  RMR type for compacts and DPP for larger competition optics, for instance. 

Couldn't agree more, one footprint would be great! The RMRs I have shot don't impress me, the dark green tint in the window is no go for my eyes, makes the dot hard to see.

10 hours ago, floater said:

Hope it's brighter on a sunny day than the Romeo 1.

Couldn't agree more, one footprint would be great! The RMRs I have shot don't impress me, the dark green tint in the window is no go for my eyes, makes the dot hard to see.

I agree... Even though I'm not too crazy about the RMR, I still have one on my carry gun.  The Holosun 507 uses the same footprint, though and I've been extremely impressed with it so far.

i would think standardization would help expand the industry significantly.  Right now, it's almost impossible to try new optics because most people have their slide milled.  But if they were standardizing footprints? Sure, I'm going to grab a Max3 and drop it on the slide I have a DPP on right now. 

On 3/7/2019 at 10:28 AM, Ontos said:

Max commented that it’s the same as the current Romeo 3/RTS footprint. 

• 1 month later...

Any thoughts on this versus the new trijicon SRO? Looks like the window dimensions are similar but the sig is a little wider. SRO fits into the RMR footprint which is nice given the number of slides milled for that pattern.

On 3/7/2019 at 10:28 AM, Ontos said:

This is an industry that can't standardize on something as simple as a rear sight dovetail.  With a couple of exceptions (Novak, Bomar) every maker has to have their own proprietary dovetail.  For just the FF3/Viper/Venom footprint, EGW lists 29 different auto pistol dovetail adapter plates.    Standardize?  Don't be silly!