Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 minor load for stock 2?

IHAVEGAS

• 1 month later...

From my chrono notes last year out of a 5" barrel.

180 gr xtreme over 3.82 of HP38 at 1.13" = 132 power factor

180 gr xtreme over 3.76 of HP38 at 1.13" = 129 power factor

I should chrono my Stock II to be sure, but even without doing that I'm sure a 4.75" barrel length will still be within reason and comfortably above the 125 pf floor.  Shooting the Stock 2 in 40 minor is great!  Think medium velocity bunny farts :)

15 minutes ago, DKnoch said:

Is it worth getting a 40 slide to try this? Seems like a lot of people (comparatively) run their Stock 2 in 40 minor

No, 9 is cheaper o shoot. I shoot a 40 because that was the only stock 2 available when they were a unicorn 3 years ago.

16 minutes ago, DKnoch said:

Is it worth getting a 40 slide to try this? Seems like a lot of people (comparatively) run their Stock 2 in 40 minor

I know a few guys who run 40 minor. You can make power factor with a very soft load and I have seen a few times where the difference between 9 and 40 made the difference between A and C hits. But they also seem a little more finicky about springs and maintenance. 

On 2/21/2019 at 9:11 PM, DKnoch said:

If it was an advantage I think you would see the super squad types do it and I don't remember ever seeing that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

If it was an advantage I think you would see the super squad types do it and I don't remember ever seeing that. 

They dont.. very few even shoot 40 minor