Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plated bullets for open major pf?

vgdvc

1 hour ago, Ssanders224 said:

Well, like I said, it was also posted here, and went out via email. There are only so many ways to reach customers. 

“Cyber Monday” was too late for an online retailer to have a sale? 😀

We’ll have to disagree on that one. 

You’re assuming the sales were random, and not timed well. I assure you, as a manufacturer that has been in the industry for over 30 years, PD put a little more thought into it than you think ;) 

Anywho, all is well. Sounds like everyone got a good deal on bullets one way or the other. 

If you do not do social media, keep an eye out around here, and on your inbox. 

Well, you have the right to run your company any way you wish, but I belong to the old school, that maintains that it is not customer's job to find you.  It is your job to reach your customers. 

Clearly here all those who bought other products on BF did not buy yours.  So whether by thought or not, but you lost business.  Before buying I looked at your site for sale - there wasn't.  I bought from you many times before, so my first stop was your place.  Sorry you missed me.  I know I am just one customer, and my $300 is not going to change your bottom line... but then - maybe I am not alone.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Use whatever works

Does anyone bench rest their guns to check for accuracy? I do. Just like when reloading for my AR15 at 100 yards. Best powder, bullet and OAL. I get the best load worked for MY RIFLE/GUN, that's what I use. That's with bench resting.

Even my Czechmate I bench rest at 10 yards, just to check bullet, powder and powder amount. Whatever works best, that's what I am using. My gun  is different than my Glock 357 Sig open gun I used to shoot. Both have favorite loads. Use whatever works, plated, FMJ, JHP, lead, slugs, CMJ, whatever works, that's what my gun is going to shoot in Competition.

Now if you are backyard shooting and don't care about accuracy, then make a choice. Not all Barrels are made the same. Get 100 rounds and test. Get the powder that works. Buy the primers that work. Get the brass that works. Get the bullet that works. Do the work and figure it out, good grief, 😼

11 minutes ago, Lastcat said:

Not all Barrels are made the same. Get 100 rounds and test

Could not agree more. I tested Berrys, RMR, Rainer and Xtreme just to see which plated worked best in my .40 cal. All were accurate out to 10 yards. But that is where the difference showed. I found that for my BarSto Match Target barrel, Xtreme plated were very accurate at 15 yards. The others were all over the target. I then shot HP's from MG and PD. The plated in my barrel was as accurate as the HP's. Look forward to saving $'s shooting plated without the hassle of cleaning lead.

2 hours ago, Lastcat said:

Use whatever works

Does anyone bench rest their guns to check for accuracy? 

Sure. But only to check grouping ability and general accuracy. After sight adjustments I go back to freestyle for fine tuning because the POI is slightly different than from a bag.

You didn’t know that? Good grief!!

2 hours ago, Lastcat said:

Nah, not for me. Pulling left and down much? 😀

No not at all. Many guys I know all readjust sights after ing bench

A GM said it best when he said ,” ht it in like you shoot it in a match sig. Last time I checked we don’t shoot many stages from a bench

15 hours ago, Sarge said:

Sure. But only to check grouping ability and general accuracy. After sight adjustments I go back to freestyle for fine tuning because the POI is slightly different than from a bag.

You didn’t know that? Good grief!!

Agree with this 100%.

Evidently, the BOCs are more active on the Interwebs during the off-season!!