NumberTwo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, NumberTwo said:

Yeah I figure I'll go measure my finger and see what's up.  I could probably eliminate at least one size with that.  

yes, measure your hand. my wife and I did that and ended up with a short flat trigger for her and medium flat for me, and they are perfect (and still adjustable).

As far as nemesis or titan..... good question. we ended up going with 2 titans, partly because $2k is a lot of ammo to get better, and partly because I don't know of any elite shooters who use a sightblock or island-barrel or sighttracker type of gun. I'm sure it's awesome, but if it were really an advantage for the level I aspire to, it would be de rigeur. It also means if you have to replace the barrel, it's not a run of the bill gunsmith fitting job, either for labor or parts expense. Of course I might change my mind if I shot a nemesis, but then I'd be that much poorer, lol.

Atlas has a video to help you measure and choose a trigger:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAp0QLnlS2w&t=1s

Edited by motosapiens

8 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

yes, measure your hand. my wife and I did that and ended up with a short flat trigger for her and medium flat for me, and they are perfect (and still adjustable).

As far as nemesis or titan..... good question. we ended up going with 2 titans, partly because $2k is a lot of ammo to get better, and partly because I don't know of any elite shooters who use a sightblock or island-barrel or sighttracker type of gun. I'm sure it's awesome, but if it were really an advantage for the level I aspire to, it would be de rigeur. It also means if you have to replace the barrel, it's not a run of the bill gunsmith fitting job, either for labor or parts expense. Of course I might change my mind if I shot a nemesis, but then I'd be that much poorer, lol.

Atlas has a video to help you measure and choose a trigger:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAp0QLnlS2w&t=1s

That's a good point as far as barrel replacement.  I'm curious how long that style front site has been a thing and why maybe more people dont use it.

17 hours ago, NumberTwo said:

That's a good point as far as barrel replacement.  I'm curious how long that style front site has been a thing and why maybe more people dont use it.

A lot longer than 2011s have been around

This is exactly the info I'm looking for.  The gun looks awesome, and I would imagine it has a small difference with the slide being shorter and the extra weight up front.  

It will return to zero better and faster than other guns in the same class which theoretically leads to a better follow up shot. As long as you know how to drive you'll have a V8 that's ready to rip through a 1/4 mile

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have shot both a little and all I can say is they are different, the sights move differently and the recoil feels different, I don't think either is actually better they both cycle quickly and return to point of aim shoot either a bunch and you will have success.

2 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

I have shot both a little and all I can say is they are different, the sights move differently and the recoil feels different, I don't think either is actually better they both cycle quickly and return to point of aim shoot either a bunch and you will have success.

I'm just trying to get an idea of whether it's worth it or not, whether there is any advantage at all...to justify the price difference.  

10 hours ago, NumberTwo said:

Do you recommend it?  Is the extra price worth it?

The extra price over a Titan?  No question.  Buy once, cry once.  There are a few guys who can put together a worldclass 2011, but none that I’ve seen for a sight block gun.  

12 hours ago, NumberTwo said:

I'm just trying to get an idea of whether it's worth it or not, whether there is any advantage at all...to justify the price difference.  

its so personal nobody can say.

My $.02 

if you have LOTS and LOTS of rounds down range with another pistol you impression of the 2 guns may be different.

If you are moving from a conventional limited gun a Titan will feel the same and be normal to you where as a Nemesis may feel odd and take a while to get used to.  If you are coming to Limited from Open you may find a Nemesis feels and tracks a bit more like a Open gun and that may be nice. If you have lots of time with a SS major a Tiatan will feel and track similar so that may be a easier transition.  If your coming from production they both recoil so lots to learn and no clear advantage. 

All this boils down to if you are worried about the cost why are you looking at semi custom pistols? there are many less expensive options in completely competent limited guns, and any gun that runs is good enough to win any match with. I am not saying a semi custom limited gun is a waste of money,  I'm just pointing out that you are not really getting anything in the way of a actual performance boost over a $1500 used edge or similar. 

I've shot a friend's titan and the gun returns to zero so fast and it feels very soft to shoot. I'm not sure I'd be willing to dish out the extra cash for the Nemesis as I think I would rather want to spend the money on a backup. I've also never shot a sight block gun but I'm an optics shooter, and the Titan was not hard to track the sights at all.

9 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

its so personal nobody can say.

My $.02 

if you have LOTS and LOTS of rounds down range with another pistol you impression of the 2 guns may be different.

If you are moving from a conventional limited gun a Titan will feel the same and be normal to you where as a Nemesis may feel odd and take a while to get used to.  If you are coming to Limited from Open you may find a Nemesis feels and tracks a bit more like a Open gun and that may be nice. If you have lots of time with a SS major a Tiatan will feel and track similar so that may be a easier transition.  If your coming from production they both recoil so lots to learn and no clear advantage. 

All this boils down to if you are worried about the cost why are you looking at semi custom pistols? there are many less expensive options in completely competent limited guns, and any gun that runs is good enough to win any match with. I am not saying a semi custom limited gun is a waste of money,  I'm just pointing out that you are not really getting anything in the way of a actual performance boost over a $1500 used edge or similar. 

I'm coming from a CZC CTS 9 minor.  I was going to build a .40 upper for it, but figured this would be a good time to switch over to 2011 platform.  The cost is not at all a factor.  I want a mid-high end limited gun in .40....not used.  I was mainly just wanting opinions on if the sight block was a significant benefit for the cost.. or just held a "cool factor"

14 hours ago, NumberTwo said:

I'm coming from a CZC CTS 9 minor.  I was going to build a .40 upper for it, but figured this would be a good time to switch over to 2011 platform.  The cost is not at all a factor.  I want a mid-high end limited gun in .40....not used.  I was mainly just wanting opinions on if the sight block was a significant benefit for the cost.. or just held a "cool factor"

The short answer is no, 

In limited (like most other divisions) there is so little difference the best and worst 100% functional guns it all comes down to personal preference, be that cool factor or feel.

21 hours ago, NumberTwo said:

I went to the Nemesis from a CZC CTS .40.    I would agree with Fox and others.  The Nemesis or Titan is not going to affect your match performance when coming from a CZ.  What is the price difference between a Nemesis and a Titan?  $500?  Plenty of folks here are top of their class with a “conventional” 2011.  Either way I was new to the 2011 platform so it was going to take sometime growing into.  For a guy that purchased a $2400 CTS over a $1,000 TS you’re spending an aweful amount of time sweating the price difference ;) .  

3 hours ago, nutzach said:

I went to the Nemesis from a CZC CTS .40.    I would agree with Fox and others.  The Nemesis or Titan is not going to affect your match performance when coming from a CZ.  What is the price difference between a Nemesis and a Titan?  $500?  Plenty of folks here are top of their class with a “conventional” 2011.  Either way I was new to the 2011 platform so it was going to take sometime growing into.  For a guy that purchased a $2400 CTS over a $1,000 TS you’re spending an aweful amount of time sweating the price difference ;) .  

Lol, not spending any time on price.  I have plenty of gun money.  Just wanted to know if it would have a competitive advantage.  And if it was worth tossing an extra $1000 at.  I'm also going to buy the atlas chaos soon.