Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Viper or Venom?

louu

I don't know anything about red dots. The wife is getting a ruger 22 45 lite and wants a dot on it. Vortex is my only option and I don't want to get the razor.

what's the difference between the venom and the viper? Witch one is better for steel challenge also what size dot should I get?

thanks

I used both on a duty gun before ending up with a sig Romeo 1

The viper seemed brighter, possibly due to larger dot. I don’t shoot steel challenge though so can’t tell you which is better for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it seems like you guys are saying they are pretty much the same thing just the venom might be better because the battery is easier to change. That might be the way to go because chances are she's going to forget to turn it off lol.

I put a Venom on my Ruger Mark IV this weekend to test it compared to my C-More with 12 minute dot.  The Venom sits lower, has auto brightness with 10 settings and is easy to find in the bright sun. and is lower to the bore.  My C-More's batteries only last one month before I have to change them.  The Venom battery is supposed to last a year and is very easy to remove and replace.  

At this point, I like the Venom and will be keeping it on my gun for a long time.

Thanks for the replies guys, the venom is on its way. Gona give it to her for her birthday on the 5th. Unfortunately living in NJ she has to wait about 6 more weeks for her "permission slip" to pick up her gun.