Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gas Prices!

pisgahrifle

(Merlin's WTF petrol sign is hilarious!)

Paid $2.86 for petrol three days ago. Finally got brave, went to the gas station and put a couple of bucks into the tank today at $3.06/gallon. I expected worse. That's not to say it won't continue to rise. Will keep you posted.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy stuff...

Drove by 5 stations today.  No prices.  They were all out of gas. It has been a fill-up frenzy here in Atlanta.

As for the gouger... they disgust me.

julie

I second that Julie. Was $2.69 on Tuesday in morning. Was $2.99 Tuesday afternoon. Just waited in line for 30 minutes today to get some and it was now $3.09. Tampa Bay area.

Here in the Northern metro Detroit, MI area gas prices have actually fallen 20 cents or so. At the local Speedway station, 87 octane was $3.19 on Wednesday and Thursday, on the way home last night I saw it was $2.99.

Now take $2.00 of that price and we all could afford to drive again!

Ray

What's wrong in the world?

You pay $2.99 per gallon. A Gallon is 3.9 litres, duh? This means $ 0.766 per litre.

Over here in the Netherlands a litre is now Euro 1.51!

Conversion Euro vs Dollar says enough!

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...&submit=Convert

I'm paying more than two times the amount for a litre of gasoline than an average American just to keep my Porsche runing. :huh:

There has to be a group of people profiting from these oilprices, they're cashing my well-earned money....I need my car to get to work and back!

Up 'till now I was an obidient citizen....but they're pushing me across a frontier. :angry:

What's wrong in the world?

You pay $2.99 per gallon. A Gallon is 3.9 litres, duh? This means $ 0.766 per litre.

Over here in the Netherlands a litre is now Euro 1.51!

Conversion Euro vs Dollar says enough!

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...&submit=Convert

I'm paying more than two times the amount for a litre of gasoline than an average American just to keep my Porsche runing.  :huh:

Well Hell...We pump gas out of our ground and Tulips are cheaper there.. ;):D

Well take the cartel OPEC to task on the price of oil worldwide. Greedy SoB's are clearing about 63.00 bucks a barrel profit. Cost to bring a barrel out of the ground is under 5.00 bucks. Another story of American's helping a group of people (financing, building, and teaching them how to run their oil production infrastructure) out only to have them spit back in our faces for our trouble.

Crazy stuff...

Drove by 5 stations today.  No prices.  They were all out of gas. It has been a fill-up frenzy here in Atlanta.

As for the gouger... they disgust me.

julie

would you rather pay $5-6/gallon...or not have any gas available to buy?

Is this a real question?

This statement sounds to me like an either - or. Like we can have one or the other but not resonably priced products at a resonable markup. That is not the true case.

BIG guy runs ALL little guys out of business - then its simple - you pay whatever I say or do without. Monopoly! He who has the gold makes the rules.

Are the current prices necessary? No.

Are they resonable? No.

Is there a real fuel crunch? No.

Is the current situation just an excuse to rape and pillage America? Yes.

Are politicos lining their pockets? Damn betcha!

but maybe I'm wrong and just a cynical old SOB.... <_<

Once the Enron scam fell apart, you just had to figure another boondogle was comin' down the pike. It's just bigger and better this time (it's into everyone's wallets now, not just the west like in 2000 and the east like back in 90 when Niagara Edison was wholesale raped ;-)

The crooks are always working on finding the next scam while they are still working the present scam. What's around the corner after the oil scam is punched for all it's worth is what worries me.

Thankfully I'm an optimist, or I might think there are conspiracies to defraud us at every level of reality ;-)

off-topic: is there a reliable central bank-account where I can donate money to help the Katrina-victims?

In the Forum Announcements section (top of the main board) there are two options with shooters in the recieving position (helping to make sure the stuff gets right to where it is needed)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=30

Is this a real question?

This statement sounds to me like an either - or. Like we can have one or the other but not resonably priced products at a resonable markup. That is not the true case.

BIG guy runs ALL little guys out of business - then its simple - you pay whatever I say or do without. Monopoly! He who has the gold makes the rules.

Are the current prices necessary? No.

Are they resonable? No.

Is there a real fuel crunch? No.

Is the current situation just an excuse to rape and pillage America? Yes.

Are politicos lining their pockets? Damn betcha!

but maybe I'm wrong and just a cynical old SOB.... <_<

Like Merlin said, no shortage of fuel. The shortage is in transportation. If the trucks can't get to the stations to deliver the fuel because of road closures or failures then the stations will have no fuel.

I hate that the people in my area can't see that we made out great considering how close to New Orleans we are(20 miles west) and can't wait their turn at the pumps to fuel up without getting irrate.

This is screwy - I drove down to Atlantic City yesterday. On the Atlantic City Expressway, there is a name-brand gas station at a rest stop. Gas there was a good 20 - 30 cents cheaper than it was in the more built up areas in Southern NJ. Usually, gas on the Expressway or NJ Turnpike or Parkway are usually 20 - 30 cents higher.

off-topic: is there a reliable central bank-account where I can donate money to help the Katrina-victims?

In the Forum Announcements section (top of the main board) there are two options with shooters in the recieving position (helping to make sure the stuff gets right to where it is needed)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=30

Sorry for the off topic, thx Flex.